Uber Cares: Uber riders and partner drivers get free ambulance service during a medical emergency while on an Uber ride
In the event that an Uber rider or driver would face a medical emergency while on a Uber ride, they can avail of FREE ambulance service. This is the first team up of its kind between a Transport Network Company and an Emergency Quick Response Service in the Philippines. Read the full press release from Uber below.
Safety Update: Uber & Lifeline Rescue Working Together
At Uber, we are committed to rider and driver safety in every ride.
Today, we are excited to announce a first-of-its-kind partnership with Lifeline Rescue providing FREE*, premium-quality ambulance service for riders and driver partners in the rare event of a medical emergency while on an Uber ride.
About Lifeline Rescue
Lifeline Rescue is recognized for providing safe and reliable services across Metro Manila.
- Fast Response Time – Lifeline Rescue operates 38 units across Metro Manila and is fully prepared to address an immediate need for medical assistance.
- Trusted Quality – Equipped with U.S. certified life-saving medical equipment and a staff trained to comply with rigorous international standards, Lifeline Rescue is the first and only dedicated Emergency Quick Response Service in the Philippines.
- Accessible – Uber riders and driver partners will receive the best emergency care for FREE*. We don’t want you worrying about costs when what matters most is that you’re safe.
Since 1995, Lifeline Rescue has been instrumental in saving over 86,000 lives. In 2013 alone, it helped save the lives of 9,865 people.
How It Works
In the rare event of an emergency during an Uber ride, you will be able to contact Lifeline Rescue and receive FREE emergency medical response service**.
- Contact Lifeline Rescue via 24/7 Hotline (16-911) or smartphone app (iOS and Android).
- Provide your location.
- A fully-equipped Lifeline ambulance will arrive to provide full emergency medical services and take you to the nearest hospital.
Our partnership with Lifeline Rescue is one more way for us to follow through with our commitment to safety for our riders. And together, this is #WhyWeUber.
*Availing of Lifeline Rescue services in the event of a medical emergency during an Uber ride is free. However, Lifeline will charge a fee if the request does not count as an actual emergency (Note: It will only count as an emergency when the rider and/or driver has to be taken to the hospital). If you want to learn more about Lifeline Rescue services beyond Uber rides, visit their website.
** Lifeline Rescue medical response service coverage is guaranteed from October 19, 2015 to October 19, 2016
– LIFELINE RESCUE’S FREE EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONSE SERVICE IS BEING PROVIDED VOLUNTARILY AND FREE OF CHARGE PURSUANT TO AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN UBER AND LIFELINE. THE AGREEMENT MAY BE TERMINATED AND WITHDRAWN ANYTIME AT LIFELINE RESCUE’S AND/OR UBER’S SOLE DISCRETION.
– UBER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE THAT A RIDER OR DRIVER MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF LIFELINE RESCUE’S FAILURE TO PROVIDE EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONSE SERVICES, OR ANY DELAY (REGARDLESS OF CAUSE), NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT BY LIFELINE RESCUE IN THE PERFORMANCE OF SUCH SERVICES,
– THE EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONSE SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED SOLELY BY LIFELINE RESCUE. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS CREATING ANY LEGAL OBLIGATION BETWEEN UBER AND THE RIDER AND/OR DRIVER FOR THE PROVISION OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONSE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE.
– UBER DOES NOT MAKE ANY CLAIMS, PROMISES, OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR ADEQUACY OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN THIS EMAIL / POST OR THROUGH THE LINKS YOU WILL FIND HEREIN.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.