SafeZone Conveniently Connects Brands and Mobile Users
Get ready to be SafeZoned!
Through the FREE SafeZone mobile app, Smart subscribers can get FREE access to business’s apps and sites. They also get FREE access Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Launched by Voyager Innovations, Inc., the digital unit of PLDT, SafeZone allows brands to reach out to more people and for Smart subscribers with limited or no active mobile data subscription to experience apps and sites of SafeZone partner companies. Here’s what you need to know:
- Upon launch, SafeZone partner companies include Philippine Airlines, BPI, Agoda, Inquirer, Skyscanner, ZALORA, Carmudi, Lamudi, SPINNR, GameX, Babble Messenger, Eat Bulaga, and Pinoy Hoops.
- Users can also access their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds within the SafeZone free of charge. All they need to do is link their social networking accounts through the SafeZone Social page in order to post, like, tweet, favorite, and comment on social media posts.
- The service is telco-agnostic: non-Smart subscribers can still access SafeZone.ph, but Smart subscribers get the free access to the brand apps, sites, and to users’ Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Soon, Sun Cellular subscribers will also enjoy free access to SafeZone partner apps and sites.
- Smart subscribers need P1.00 of balance in order to enjoy the free apps and sites through SafeZone.
- Other partners will be added to the list, including the Philippine Star, InterAksyon, Yahoo! Celebrity, Takatack, Tripada, and foodpanda.
- As of this writing, the SafeZone app is only available on Android.
“It is imperative for businesses to craft a mobile strategy that will bring them in the front and center of their customers’ everyday lives through their mobile devices,” said Voyager Chief Operating Office Benie Fernandez.
Voyager and Smart executives answer questions fielded by attending media. Left to right: Dindo Marzan (Product Manager, SafeZone), Doy Vea (Chief Wireless Adviser, Smart Communications), and Benji Fernandez (Chief Operating Officer, Voyager).
How to Get Started
- Visit www.safezone.ph or download the mobile app on Google Play Store. There you’ll see a list of partner apps and sites Smart subscribers can access without addtional data charges.
- Once in the SafeZone, users will have to switch “Load Protect” ON to ensure they do not get charged for accessing mobile apps and sites that are not a part of SafeZone.
- When Load Protect is turned ON, users will not be charged the standard P5 for 15 minutes of usage when they access SafeZone’s partner apps and sites. When users proceed to a site that is not a part of SafeZone, they will be redirected to a landing page where they have the option to continue surfing by subscribing to a data package.
- Data charges may apply when accessing the website for the first time and for downloading the SafeZone app as as the apps of partner brands.
Visit SafeZone.ph for details.