Huawei Ascend G6 launched, with Jasmine Curtis as product ambassador
- Photo Caption - Click to View
Left to right: Charles Wu (Country Manager of Huawei Technologies Philippines), Gavin Dai (CEO of Huawei Technologies Philippines), Jasmine Curtis Smith (Huawei Ambassador), Leo Bernardino (General Manager, Berlein), Ellen Bernardino (General Manager, Berlein), and Richard Estanislao (Operation OIC, Digital Mobile Engine Group).
The Huawei Ascend P6, one of the best selfie phones of 2013, now has a “mini” – meet the just-launched Huawei Ascend G6. The G6 takes after the slim and svelte profile of the P6, including its much-to-brag-about selfie camera, but brings down the price.
Here it is:
Look how beautiful that is.
The small display on the upper left is how your image on the selfie cam will turn out. So you can fine tune your pose or the background accordingly.
- Huawe Ascend G6 (3G) Specs - Click to View
• 4.5-inch 960 x 540 qHD display, 245PPI
• Android™ 4.3 Jelly Bean
• 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, supports MicroSD card up to 32GB
• Front-facing Camera: 5.0MP, 88 degree wide angle lens
• Rear-facing Camera: 8MP AF with f/2.0 aperture
• Video capture: 1080p HD video recording and video playback
• 3G Version: 130mm x 65mm x 7.5mm, about 115g
• Connectivity: GSM / UMTS / HSPA+ / WiFi 802.11 b/g/n / Bluetooth 4.0 / NFC sharing*
• Qualcomm MSM8926 quad-core 1.2GHz
• Battery: 2000 mAh lithium polymer
• SRP PhP 9,990
The launch of the G6 at SM North coincides with the formal opening of Huawei Concept Store in the same venue.
Huawei Product Ambassador Jasmine Curtis-Smith, flanked by Gavin Dai (CEO of Huawei Technologies Philippines) and Leo Bernardino (General Manager, Berlein), was on hand to promote the Ascend G6.
From left to right: Leo Bernardino (General Manager, Berlein), Gavin Dai (CEO of Huawei Technologies Philippines), Jasmine Curtis Smith (Huawei Ambassador), and Charles Wu (Country Manager of Huawei Technologies Philippines).
The Huawei Ascend G6 is almost as thin as its predecessor, but carries just as impressive camera specs and features.
Notable features of the G6
- 10 levels of Face Beautification, adjust accordingly.
- 88 degree wide angle lens of the front camera, so more of your friend can get in the fun. A monopod can only increase the good times.
- Selfie preview – you can see how you look before you key in that shutter.
- Voice Photo function, allowing you to save photos with ten second audio included. Now, pouring through albums will never be boring with voiced comments and names thrown in.
- As opposed to the fads of Rio-nic bursting bright colors, the Huawei Ascend G6 comes in classy and classic subdued tones, including black with light gunmetal grey or rose gold highlights, and white with pink or champagne gold highlights.
- Comes with an up to 30% power saving feature, so you can get more things done and have more fun.
- The G6 comes with Huawei’s own Emotion UI 2.0 overlay that’s intuitive and non-techie-looking, and allows you access to over 1,000 online themes.
Availability and Pricing
The Huawei Ascend G6 is available at Huawei’s concept stores at SM North EDSA and SM Megamall, both located at the Annex Cyberzone. The Ascend G6 is available at the suggested retail price of PhP 9,990. An LTE version has also been announced.
– – –
You may also wish to see our reviews of the Huawei Ascend P6 and of the Huawei Ascend G610.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.