BlackBerry Launches BlackBerry Leap in the Philippines
New five-inch all-touch smartphone supports consumers and enterprise users who value security and privacy while pushing their productivity to the next level
Partnership with Globe Telecom means customers can take advantage of free mobile internet for up to three months
Manila, Philippines – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, recently announced the availability of BlackBerry® Leap in the Philippines. From May 30, 2015, young power professionals who want to get things done and companies looking for enterprise fleet renewals can purchase BlackBerry Leap at MemoXpress stores for a cash price of PHP 13,490. MemoXpress is the authorized distribution partner for sales of BlackBerry smartphones in the Philippines.
Cameron Vernest, Managing Director, Philippines, at BlackBerry, said: “With an all-touch screen, BlackBerry Leap rounds out our portfolio of BlackBerry 10 devices, offering an affordable choice to mobile professionals who require a smartphone that safeguards sensitive communications and keeps them productive.”
BlackBerry Leap features the latest BlackBerry® 10.3.1 operating system, a brilliant edge-to-edge five-inch HD display and more than a full day’s battery power. Top features of BlackBerry Leap include:
- Security to Maintain Privacy – You can feel safe in the knowledge that BlackBerry Leap was designed with the highest standards of security in mind to protect your privacy. It is equipped with support for encryption, plus built-in malware protection and back-up, wipe and restore. All to give you control and help secure your data against the next embarrassing and potentially costly cyberattack.
- Battery That Powers Through a Full Day – With up to 25 hours of heavy use,* BlackBerry Leap will power through even your most demanding day. The impressive 2800 mAh battery and optimization of power consumption in BlackBerry 10 gives users more than a full day of productive usage.
- Best-in-Class BlackBerry Keyboard – Type faster and more accurately on a touchscreen keyboard that learns how you write. With superior error correction, multi-language support, customized adaption and flow, BlackBerry’s touchscreen keyboard helps to reduce the mistakes and missteps that can hold you back.
- BlackBerry® 10 OS 10.3.1 –BlackBerry Leap comes preloaded with the new BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that users’ most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. Additional features include:
- BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM™ or text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry. BlackBerry Blend works across desktop operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 +, Windows® 7+ and Android™ tablets running Android 4.4+ via cellular, USB or Wi-Fi connections.
- BlackBerry® Assistant – The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
- Dual app storefronts preloaded for access to a huge selection of apps for work and play:
- BlackBerry World – BlackBerry World offers essential business and productivity apps for professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration including Box, Evernote, Cisco WebEx Meetings and Documents to Go.
- Amazon Appstore – Discover and download popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Kindle and Amazon Shopping.
For more information on BlackBerry Leap, visit www.BlackBerry.com/Leap.
Prepaid Mobile Internet Promotion from Globe Telecom for BlackBerry 10 smartphones
BlackBerry also announced an exclusive prepaid mobile internet promotion with Globe Telecom, available to customers who purchase a BlackBerry 10 smartphone from a MemoXpress store.
Purchasing the new BlackBerry Leap entitles customers to a free Globe Prepaid SIM offering 700MB mobile internet per month, for the first 3 months. This offer is also available to those who purchase a BlackBerry Z3 smartphone.
The Promotion is also available to customers buying the BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Passport, who will be eligible for a free 1GB mobile internet per month for the first two months.
Cameron Vernest, Managing Director, Philippines, at BlackBerry, added: “We’re delighted to be working with Globe Telecom to offer customers buying BlackBerry 10 smartphones this unparalleled promotion. The offer means customers can maximize their productivity, benefiting from their free data to make use of the lightning-fast browser on BlackBerry 10 devices, stay up to date with their social networks, or download their favorite applications.”
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.