You can now get Western Union remittances on your PayMaya account
You can now receive Western Union remittances without leaving your home or office – you only need your smartphone, a PayMaya account, and Internet connectivity. Your relative or friend need only go to a Western Union branch to send money, and if you follow the steps below, the amount will be instantly credited to your PayMaya account – when you do, you can immediately use it for paying bills, shopping online, and more. Follow the steps below and find out how you can get a chance to win up to P100,000 from PayMaya and Western Union.
Here are the 5 steps:
1. Launch the PayMaya app and tap on Add Money.
2. Select Western Union from the list of Add Money Partners.
3. Type in the 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) from your contact’s Western Union transaction. The one sending you money should receive an MTCN from the Western Union representative during the over-the-counter MMT transaction.
4. Tap Receive on the Confirmation screen (do this after you verify the correct transaction details, such as MTCN, Sender Name, and Amount.
5. Wait for the in-app and SMS confirmation of the successful receipt of your remittance.
Very Important Reminder
You need to have successfully (1) upgraded your PayMaya account and (2) shared your SSS/GSIS/TIN ID in the app’s KYC (Know Your Customer) form before you can claim domestic and international remittances sent via Western Union.
Here’s how you can win up to 100,000 PayMaya credits
The promo (open until May 31, 2019) is open to new and existing PayMaya users who (1) have fully upgraded their account, (2) claimed remittance from Western Union via the app’s add money feature, and (3) used the Paymaya app for transactions such as paying bills, buying load, sending money, and shopping online or in-store.
Winners and Prizes
There will be:
- 1 winner of P100,000 PayMaya Credits (First Prize)
- 1 winner of P50,000 PayMaya Credits (Second Prize)
- 5 winners of P10,000 PayMaya Credits (Third Prize)
To earn a raffle entry, you can
- Pay bills (5 raffle entries per biller). You need to pay bills in full and ontime via the PayMaya app or PayMaya in Messenger. P100 is the minimum bill payment amount. You can earn 5 raffle entries per biller per day, but splitting payment transactions with one biller is not allowed.
- Pay with PayMaya QR (1 raffle entry for every P100 spent). You must scan-to-pay via PayMaya QR at any PayMaya QR-enabled merchant. P100 is the minimum you have to spend to earn 1 raffle entry.
- Buy digital goods in the PayMaya in-app shop (1 raffle entry per purchase). You must buy telco/mobile prepaid load, gaming pins or cable TV prepaid credits found in the PayMaya in-app shop. No minimum spending amount required. You can earn one raffle entry per purchase of any digital good.
- Send money (1 raffle entry per day). You must send money to another PayMaya user via the PayMaya app or PayMaya in Messenger. You need to send a minimum of P10 to earn one raffle entry. Only the first send-money transaction for each day will be rewarded with one raffle entry.
- Shop online and in-store (1 raffle entry for every P100 spent). You must shop and pay for online (ex. Lazada, Zalora, Amazon, App Store, Google Play, Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Agoda, Booking, Spotify, Netflix, Honestbee, Foodpanda, Grab, etc.) and in-store/offline (ex. in department stores, groceries, restaurants, cinemas, drug stores, etc.) purchases using your virtual Visa or Mastercard in the PayMaya app, or your physical PayMaya-issued card. You need to spend a minimum of P100 to earn one raffle entry. (For example: you spend P300 at X merchant, you earn 3 raffle entries. You spend P500 at Y merchant, you earn 5 raffle entries. Total number of entries earned: 8 raffle entries.)
Raffle Draw Date
The raffle draw will be held on June 18, 2019 at 3PM at the PayMaya Head Office in the presence of a DTI representative. The winning entries and the complete list of winners for all raffle periods will be posted in PayMaya’s Facebook page (facebook.com/PayMayaOfficial). (DTI-FTEB Permit No. 5277 Series of 2019.)Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.