IdeaSpace Foundation and Embassy of Israel announce search for Philippine representative to DLD Tel Aviv Digital Conference
IdeaSpace Foundation, a non-profit startup incubator, and the Embassy of Israel, has launched a competition and search for the best innovative idea to represent the Philippines to the DLD Tel Aviv Digital Conference – Israel’s largest international gathering of the best tech startups. DLD brings together venture capital funds, investors, inventors and leaders who are foundations of the hi-tech industry.
The winning Philippine representative will be sent to DLD Tel Aviv, which happens from September 6 to 12, 2015. There he will present his innovative idea to industry leaders who may help move the idea to implementation, commercialization, and recognition.[UPDATE: And we have a winner. Team Heat Stress Analyzer.]
“The startup ecosystem created in Israel is a source of emulation and presents opportunities for partnerships on the international level,” said Israel’s Ambassador Effie Ben Matityau (above). “Tel Avid is a city that’s brimming with innovation, and the Philippine startups representative to this conference stands to gain a lot of insights, possibly investments,” said Earl Marin Valencia, President and Co-Founder of IdeaSpace.
Qualified applicants can send applications until June 20, 2015. The winner will receive a full travel package including round-trip airfare and accommodation to Israel during the international event.
Call for Application Guidelines
To be eligible, applicants must be a founder of a startup with:
- a revenue of more than USD30K;
- have raised investment funding of more than USD 1ooK;
- and a presentable working prototype of their product.
- A group of pre-selected judges from the IdeaSpace team shall go through the online applications and video pitches.
- Round 1 qualifiers will conduct a five-minute pitch and live product demo followed by a three-minute question and answer. Representatives from the Embassy of Israel and select members from the IdeaSpace team will judge this.
- The selected winner will be required to create a public event to share his/her takeaways from the DLD Conference.
- Applications must be submitted online or or before 12:00 GMT +8 of June 30, 2015.
- Applicants must fully complete an online form (https://www.f6s.com/israelisinnovation/apply).
- The selected winner will be publicly announced on Friday, July 10, 2015.
- The DLD Tel Aviv Digital Conference will take place on September 6-12, 2015.
Applications may be sent via http://bit.ly/israelisinnovation.
Liked this post? Follow us on Facebook.
- 10 startups win IdeaSpace 2015 competition
- IdeaSpace finalist to represent the Philippines at the DLD Tel Aviv Digital Conference