foodpanda Philippines Turns 1, Celebrates with a Bang and Rewards Customers
Manila, Philippines; June 6 2015—foodpanda Philippines (www.foodpanda.ph) is turning 1, and to celebrate its success for the past 12 months, they are throwing a fun-filled party along with WeChat Philippines as they, too, launch the free rewards program, WeReward on June 6, Sturday, at URBN, Fort Strip, Bonifacio Global City.
“This is more of a thanksgiving night, to recognize all the hard work and dedication that everyone has bought in to and for the company. foodpanda won’t be able to achieve this milestone without the men and women working day in and day out for the company”, said foodpanda Philippines CEO and Co-Founder Mauro Cocchieri.
Cocchieri added that foodpanda’s success all boils down to excellent customer service. “This is also for all the hungry pandas who never fail to use foodpanda to satisfy their cravings. Without the customers who regularly use our service, we won’t be here. So big thanks to them”, he mentioned.
foodpanda WeReward’s its customers
True to their promise of convenience and customer satisfaction, foodpanda is also announcing an exciting partnership with WeChat, a mobile plus social media campaign perfect for “deal-lovers”.
Known as WeReward, WeChat and foodpanda give back to users by rewarding them for completingsimple daily tasks, such as making a short voice or video call on WeChat. Users are rewarded by accumulating WeChat points along the way, and using these to redeem awesome giveaways, discounts, and other benefits from partner merchants. From foodpanda, users get up to P300 worth of discounts via 100-peso food vouchers which can be used with select restaurants in Metro Manila and Cebu. The Php100 voucher has a minimum purchase of Php200, so imagine paying only half of your meal via WeReward.
Apart from foodpanda, WeChat is partnered with Lazada.com.ph where they will give Php100 off (with no minimum purchase on Lazada’s mobile app. For those who wants to have a night out, WeChat has partnered with top clubs in the metro, Raven and URBN in BGC where users will get free entrance and one (1) alcoholic drink upon entrance. For the sports savvy, Runtastic will be giving 50% off on their armbands. WeReward will run until July 30, 2015.
Take a selfie with the panda—the foodpanda selfie challenge!
On the other hand, for “selfie-lovers” who enjoy taking photos of themselves, or with their friends and family, will surely have a great time joining the “foodpanda turns 1 selfie contest”.
“This will have food lovers, and of course, foodpanda users, posing with our delivery riders once their food is delivered. We want to create something that will go viral, and with food and social media, we are sure that we will get this out of the contest,” Julien Machal, foodpanda Philippines’ Head of Marketing said.
The mechanics of the contest are as follows and will run from June 8 2015 until July 5 2015:
- Customer must order on www.foodpanda.ph and take a selfie with the foodpanda rider or mascot
- Customer can choose from Facebook (facebook.com/foodpandaphilippines), Instagram (@foodpanda_ph) or WeChat (foodpanda)
- Customer must follow and tag foodpanda’s official Facebook and Instagram page
- For those who will use WeChat, they need to follow foodpanda Philippines’ official WeChat account (foodpanda) and post their photo on their WeChat Moments. After posting, customer must send a screenshot of the photo showing the number of likes it accumulated every Sunday, 9 AM, to foodpanda’s official WeChat account via message to qualify for the weekly announcement of winners
- For Facebook and Instagram, customer must tag 5 friends for the post to be valid
- All entries via Facebook, Instagram, and WeChat should contain the hash tag #foodpandaturns1
- The top three (3) posts that have the most number of likes across Facebook, Instagram, and WeChat will be chosen as winners and will receive the following prizes:
- 1st prize: Fuji film Instax Mini 8 with free prints
- 2nd & 3rd prize: foodpanda food vouchers worth 1,000.00
- For Facebook and Instagram entries, uploading of photos will be from Monday to Saturday of the current week and winners will be announced every Monday, 10 AM, of the following week
- For WeChat Moment entries, sending of screenshot will be from Monday to Saturday of the current week and winners will be announced every Monday, 10 AM, of the following week
- Winners will be posted on foodpanda’s official Facebook and Instagram pages, and will be sent via WeChat blast
A year of success and many more in the bag
“It really has been a year of great things for foodpanda. From the immense growth in terms of customer usage and restaurant inventory, to City Delivery’s acquisition, to foodpanda being the market leader in the online food ordering and delivery industry, we are really thankful for all the support that everyone has shown us”, added Cocchieri.
When asked what’s in store for foodpanda?
“A better foodpanda is coming. Faster than ever, and of course, choices. We are cooking up something for all of you, hungry pandas, so stay tuned”, Cocchieri finished.
foodpanda group is the leading global online food delivery marketplace, active in 40 countries on five continents. The company enables restaurants to become visible in the online and mobile world and provides them with a constantly evolving online technology. For consumers, foodpanda/hellofood offer the convenience to order food online and the widest gastronomic range, from which they can choose their favorite meal on the web or via the app. foodpanda operates in India, Thailand, Indonesia, Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Vietnam, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Hong Kong, Philippines, Russia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia and Serbia. hellofood operates in Brazil, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Algeria. Delivery Club operates in Russia. Tastykhana and JUST EAT in India, NetPincer in Hungary, Donesi in Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro, and Pauza in Croatia, Room Service in Malaysia and Singapore, City Delivery in Philippines, Food By Phone in Thailand, Koziness and Dial-a-Dinner in Hong Kong, Eatoye in Pakistan, and 24h in UAE., Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Algeria.
Liked this post? Follow us on Facebook.