EXPAND PH 2019: Meet the Six Disruptive Malaysian Startups Looking Into The Philippines
Launchgarage Innovation Hub has partnered up with Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to launch EXPAND PH, a market access program that provides growing Malaysian startups with opportunities to connect with strategic partners, collaborators, potential clients and investors in the Philippines. Now in its second year, EXPAND PH Cohort 2 received over 50+ applications and was ultimately narrowed down to 6 startups that were assessed to be the best fit to participate in the said program. #ExpandPhilippines starts this coming August 12, 2019.
To help the Malaysian cohort gain a better insight into the Philippine market, Launchgarage has outlined in-depth webinar sessions that touch upon topics of laws, compliance and regulation, the addressable market, and the startup ecosystem in the Philippine context. Online meetings between the delegates and potential clients/partners & mentors will be arranged as well to explore opportunities of collaborations. Such possible collaborators within the Launchgarage network include the Manila Angel Investor Network, Gorriceta Law, and Century Properties to name a few.
To conclude the three-week market access program, a culminating activity known as Media Day will be held to showcase the Malaysian startup’s pitches tailored to the Philippine market. The invite-only event brings together angel investors, corporate investors, venture capital, media outlets, government entities, and organizations aligned with the verticals of the cohort.
Presenting EXPAND PH 2019 — Cohort 2
- Accendo is a Talent Experience platform that is designed to help with deep people analytics and career pathing. As organizations are grappling with the “future of work”, Accendo is providing some of the biggest companies in SEA a solution to identify people that can cope with this digital era of change and lead their organizations forward.
- SonicBoom is a Malaysian Fintech company that focuses on Open Payments Cashless solutions for the Unattended Industry. From parking to hotel self-service check in to vending machines, we consolidate all forms of cashless payments (Visa, Mastercard, UnionPay, AMEX, wallets, QR, JCB, cash cards, etc) into one terminal.
- Sometime Asia is an ecommerce bag and accessories specialist company that co-designs with very select established Asian designers and icons to design and produce exclusive and iconic designer bags. Sometime Asia was built with the goal to support the local and Asian talents to unleash their creativity in the bags and accessories industry.
- Persuasion Technologies is a business intelligence and marketing analytics for retailers and ecommerce sites. They are also google analytics certified partners and google cloud machine learning developers.
- NEXPlatform is a data-driven Proptech company that provides smart marketing solution to help developers or agencies to digitalise their processes and improve customer experience. NEXPlatform solution enable property developer with great user experience sales & marketing platform to sell better and sell faster!
- CKG is the leading Integrated Property Marketing Agency specializing in digital design solutions using the latest media and visualization technology. To date, they have successfully completed more than 2,520 projects for multi-national clients worldwide.
- Open Call for Collaborators. Launchgarage is calling on any organization interested to collaborate with us on EXPAND PH 2019. See yourself as a client, partner, or mentor to the 2nd cohort? Shoot us a message through firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on the latest news on EXPAND PH.