Epson International Pano Awards Now Accepting Entries
Call for entries
US$40,000 in cash and prizes!
Enter online at thepanoawards.com
Digital imaging leader Epson invites professional and amateur photographers around the world to enter the Epson International Pano Awards and compete for approximately $40,000 in cash and prizes. Early-bird entries are open now until 13 July 2014.
The fifth Epson International Pano Awards is dedicated to the art of panoramic photography. Advances in digital photography and editing software has resulted in a surge in the popularity of image stitching, especially in the panoramic format. Panoramic film photography also remains alive and well.
The Epson International Pano Awards showcases the work of panoramic photographers worldwide and is the largest competition for panoramic photography.
“Without a doubt, this world-class photographic competition represents an ever increasing standard of quality in both image capture and print. Each year we are seeing more and more captivating entries and the outstanding quality continues to impress me,” said Craig Heckenberg, Business Unit Manager for Epson Australia.
“Epson is very proud to continue our support of this global competition and we look forward to seeing this year’s winners,” said Heckenberg.
The 2013 competition saw 4,068 images submitted from 843 photographers in 57 countries.
The 2014 competition is open to all professional and amateur photographers with a combined pool of cash and prizes of approximately US$40,000!
Prizes include an Epson Stylus Pro 7900 printer, an Epson Stylus Pro 4900 printer, and an Epson EB-1775 Ultra-Slim Projector.
New in 2014:
• Shiny trophies for the overall winners
• Modified judging: 5 judges on each panel will each score every image in the competition they are judging
• Many new faces on the judging panel
• A revised score range for Bronze Award level, now 75-79 (up from 70-79)…making it more exclusive
• Film capture images to be judged independently from digital captures
• A more functional and attractive ‘results logo’ to share your results
• Video slideshows of the top 50’s in each category
• A new ‘Highest Scoring Aerial’ award in the Open competition in addition to the highest scoring IAPP member, IVRPA member, Gigapixel, Spherical, Film capture and Best HDR.
The judging panel includes some of the world’s top panoramic photographers and industry professionals, including Jeff Mitchum, Andris Apse, William Long, Helmut Hirler, Michelle Novak, Dylan Toh, Chris Collacott, Stefan Hefele, Timothy Poulton, Hans Gasser, Aaron Spence, Scott Highton, Thomas Erh, Carlos Chegado and Bill Bailey.
For inquiries and more information, contact David Evans, Curator (email@example.com) or visit their site.