Bonifacio Global City (BGC) and The Walt Disney Company Philippines have come together to bring the magic of Pixar’s timeless stories and characters to Filipinos this Christmas season with “Pixar Playtown.”
BGC and its pedestrian-friendly streets come alive with fun installations featuring beloved Pixar characters from Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, Cars, and Toy Story. Gateway signages, lamp-posts, select office entrances, and even traffic lights along major roads are also dressed up, providing fans more creative ways to celebrate their love for Pixar this Christmas.
“BGC found its perfect partner in Disney Philippines to let everyone experience a playful and more colorful Christmas season this year. BGC and Disney-Pixar both have a fun and vibrant energy that continues to charm the young and young at heart,” says Sean Luarca, BGC’s Marketing and Community Relations Head.
“With Disney Pixar Playtown, we hope to bring some cheer and magic into this wonderful festive season through our beloved Pixar characters and stories. In this season of celebrations, happiness, and togetherness, we hope to add a few more smiles to kids and families across the Philippines,” said Veronica Cabalinan, Country Head, The Walt Disney Company Philippines.
The key centerpiece of the Pixar Playtown yuletide extravaganza at BGC is the spectacular 50-foot Christmas tree along 7th Avenue. Here, Sheriff Woody and his frenemy, space ranger Buzz Lightyear, unbox the true magic of Christmas-that realizing family and friends are just the absolute best!
There’s even more to love in BGC as it kicks off its jam-packed holiday calendar:
- Nov 23 – Jan 6: “Reimagine the Magic: A Festival of Lights”. A Sights & Sounds Spectacle with enchanting Christmas lights dancing to well-loved Disney soundtracks. Every 30 minutes from 6-10pm until January 6 at Bonifacio High Street Park.
- Nov 23 – 25: Toys & Gifts Fair. An awesome selection of gifts and trinkets for the whole family: Disney Toy Fair at the Activity Center, Spectrum Fair Manila at the Amphitheater, and Mommy Mundo’s Expo Mom at C1 Park.
- Dec 1 – 2: BGC Passionfest: Festivals of the World. Travel a world of fun and festivities at BGC’s annual celebration of passions: food, games, art, culture, and live music for the whole community!
- Dec 15 – 16: Polar Express: Christmas Rush. For the last-minute shoppers, we got you, fam! Last chance to shop the season with this Holiday Fair at Bonifacio High Street Central.
- Dec 15: Disney Quiz Night. Disney aficionados, come through! A Disney-themed Quiz Night awaits on the evening of Dec 15!
- Dec 16 – 25: Anticipated Community Simbang Gabi. Nightly Thanksgiving Mass for BGCitizens, 6:30pm at the Bonifacio High Street Amphitheater.
- Dec 8, 15, 22 & 23: Santa Meet & Greet. No Christmas is complete without Santa Claus! Meet & Greet the man of the season every Sunday, 4pm at One Bonifacio High Street beginning Dec 8.
- Dec 31: New Year’s 2019 Countdown. BGC welcomes the new year with BGC X TAGUIG PULSE 2019: an epic year-end countdown, in partnership with Think Big Taguig, on December 31, 5th Avenue, Bonifacio High Street. Food, Fun, A Spectacular Fireworks Display, and live performances from KZ Tandingan, Jessica Sanchez and more!
Share the love by uploading your photos and videos using the hashtags #PixarPlaytown and #BGCHoliday. Follow @bonifacioglobalcity and @bonifaciohighstreet on Instagram for more updates.