MANILA, PHILIPPINES – In line with the company’s vision to not only truly take the “free” in freelancing, but also encourage our users to make an impact in society, Freelancer.com, the world’s largest freelancing and crowdsourcing website, recently released a mobile application that allows freelancers and employers the convenience to work efficiently anytime and anywhere — completely taking the step further from “working from home”.
This coincided with the recent celebration of its 14 million users milestone, held at Best Western Antel Plus Hotel, Makati last January 29, 2015.
“Our 14th million milestone was a monumental occasion not just for our company, but for the online freelancing industry. We’re rapidly seeing a shift in the future of the workplace — people are no longer confined in offices, as the entire world is now our workplace. Even more, we see professionals using our platform to make a difference for small business owners and communities, within their finger’s reach,” says Freelancer.com Regional Director for Southeast Asia Evan Tan
Available to both Android and iOS users, the mobile app allows freelancers and employers to get the same features of the website on their smart phones.
For freelancers, the mobile app allows them to:
- Explore jobs: Browse through hundreds of jobs across 700+ categories — or simply see the jobs that are relevant to you in the ‘My Skills’ section.
- Bid: Prepare your proposal and place your bid on the go so you won’t miss any job opportunity.
- Get work: Communicate with clients and accept job offers wherever you are.
While for Employers, the app makes these tasks easier:
- Post projects: Post your project straight from your mobile device, using simplified templates.
- Find freelancers: Review bids and get your project started immediately by awarding jobs to successful bidders on the go.
- Manage your projects: Communicate with your freelancers and share files via the messaging platform. Stay up to date wherever you are.
With Nielsen’s Evolving Digital Consumer report revealing that 3 out of 4 Filipinos access the Internet through their smartphones, Freelancer.com’s newest mobile app makes it tremendously easier for the Filipino professionals to find opportunities to earn more money, build their careers or businesses, and collaborate with other professionals on Freelancer.com.
“Online freelancing gives you the freedom to control not only the projects that you would take, but also your own time — you become your own boss. Our freelancers and employers are all over the world. That’s 14 million people working in different time zones and languages. With the Freelancer mobile app, we are making the world a little smaller where our users have full control of their work — it’s now as easy as bringing out your mobile phone,” shares Evan.
Now that online freelancing is seeing great support from different public institutions, more and more Filipinos would be able to use the platform to not only fulfill their personal needs, but also, to make a difference.
As a gift to Filipino freelancers for its 14 million users milestone, Freelancer.com is offering free 3-month PLUS memberships for first-time users. Just use the promo code: flphils1, when signing up.