Star Wars BB-8 App-enabled Droid up for pre-order (P12499) at Globe Gen3 Store in Greenbelt 4
Irwin Allen Rivera, 7 years ago 2 min read 1197
Star Wars fans, this is the droid you’ve been looking for. Globe has announced that the BB-8 App-enabled Droid by Sphero is now up for pre-orders, at P12,499. Now you can bring home a part of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens into your home. Check out the short demo video below.
- Authentic Movement // Guide your BB-8 with a smartphone or tablet
- Listens & Responds // BB-8 recognizes and reacts to your voice
- Holographic Communication // Record and view virtual holographic videos with BB-8
- Autonomous Behavior // BB-8 has a mind of its own – explore the Star Wars™ galaxy together
- Adaptive Personality // Your BB-8’s unique attitude and actions evolve as you interact
- iOS & Android compatible
- Top speed of 4.5 mph (7ft/s)
- Durable polycarbonate shell
- Bluetooth Smart BLE connection (100 foot range)
- Inductive charging (over 1 hour of play on a full charge)
- Free App: BB-8 App-Enabled Droid powered by Sphero available through iTunes or Google Play
- Internal guidance system includes a gyroscope and accelerometer.
- Height: 11.4 cm / Width: 7.3 cm / Weight ~200 g
Left to Rigth: Sphero Channel Director for Asia Pacific Aurelien Joly and Globe Retail and Transformation Management Head Joe Caliro
In the Box
- BB-8 App-Enabled Droid
- Induction Charging Base
- Micro USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Legal Guide
We hope that this is only the first of many more Star Wars merchandise available at Globe Gen3 Stores.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.
Irwin Allen Rivera
Irwin Allen Rivera loves his wife's cooking so much he's now twice the man he used to be. His English essay won a Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Award for Literature in 2012. His philosophical-horror story appeared in Philippine Speculative Fiction 8 (2013). He was managing editor and lead writer of Sites and Symbols 2 (2005), a coffee-table book about buildings in UP Diliman - his alma mater (BA Philosophy; MA Creative Writing continuing). He worked at the UP Diliman Information Office before shifting to web content writing. His sudden fiction, "Notwithstanding Pigs," initially a Friendster testimonial, appeared in Philippines Graphic (2006) and in Very Short Stories for Harried Readers (2007). He used to write for www.technoodling.net.