Shopee Rallies Filipinos to Aid Affected Communities through Shopee Bayanihan
MANILA, APRIL 8, 2021 – Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, gives back to the Filipino community during this time of need by providing an easier way to support its 49 partner charity organizations through Shopee Bayanihan. Users can donate safely and conveniently to help the underprivileged through various charity institutions on Shopee including Kaya Natin Movement, Philippine Red Cross, and Virlanie Foundation.
Martin Yu, Director at Shopee Philippines, said, “Shopee is fully committed to utilizing our platform for the greater good. As the nation continues to adapt to the current situation, it is essential for us to step up and support the communities struggling to stay afloat. Every one of us has a role to play during this period, and we will do what we can to help different sectors and local communities tide through this challenge by allowing in-app donations.”
Under Shopee Bayanihan, Shopee offered a digital package for frontliners, provided funds for online sellers through the Seller Support Package, and donated transistor radios to students in rural areas to help them continue with their studies. There are two ways users can donate:
Purchasing Donation Vouchers
Here are the steps to give via donation vouchers:
- Search for the partner foundation you want to donate to.
- Select the donation voucher you wish to purchase and add it to your cart.
- Complete the purchase by paying through card payment, online banking, or ShopeePay.
- Receive the confirmation of your donation through a push notification.
Donations via ShopeePay*
Here are the steps to donate via ShopeePay:
- Go to your ShopeePay wallet action bar and tap “Scan”.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the partner’s social media account.
- Input the amount you wish to donate and tap “Confirm”.
- Enter your 6-digit ShopeePay PIN.
- You will receive a confirmation of your donation.
Download Shopee for free on the App Store or Google Play Store.