Lazada 12.12 Grand Christmas Sale 2020 – All You Need to Know
Lazada Philippines held its 12.12 Grand Christmas Sale Press Conference 2020 virtually on December 11, 2020. Present during the virtual press conference were Lazada Brand Ambassadors Kathryn Bernardo and Mimiyuuuh, alongside top executives from Lazada Philippines.
During the welcome speech, Ray Alimurung, Chief Executive Officer, Lazada Philippines emphasized Lazada’s commitment to serve the country, and shared various initiatives in the past year to empower sellers to bounce back from the effects of the pandemic.
- Initiatives to aid sellers this year: Lazada rolled out the ‘Bounce Back Together’ stimulus program that offered PHP 100 million in subsidies and resources to help sellers digitalize, which has since supported over 7,000 local MSMEs. A series of Bounce Back campaigns were also launched on the platform to generate consumer demand for sellers.
- More sellers and brands onboarded with Lazada this year: Compared to 2019, Lazada saw a 2x growth of sellers onboarded year-on-year on the platform. The platform now has 4,000 local and international brands available on LazMall and 100,000 active sellers monthly.
- Provided safe and secure digital payments: Lazada saw a 2x uplift in cashless payments versus in 2019. It also partnered UnionBank to launch the first eCommerce credit and debit card in the Philippines, toprovide consumers more benefits such as free shipping vouchers monthly, special discounts and 6x Wallet Credits earned from their purchases on Lazada.
- Digital Goods: Lazada saw an 8x uplift in sales of digital goods, as more and more people utilized the platform to purchase goods such as mobile load and e-Vouchers.
- Delivering a seamless shopping experience through logistics capabilities: Logistics frontliners made deliveries for millions of packages this year to customers in various parts of the Philippines: from the Northernmost parts in Pagudpud to the Southernmost tip in Davao Del Sur, travelling a total of over 47 million kilometers for this year alone.
Carlos Barrera, Chief Operating Officer of Lazada Philippines, gave recognition to the unwavering spirit and resilience of brands, sellers, and individuals in the community. He also highlighted Lazada’s innovations to cater to evolving needs of consumers, and interesting consumer trends that emerged this year.
- Honoring the contributions of brands and sellers: Lazada recently held the Lazada Awards which recognized 32 inspiring sellers, brands, and partners that not only demonstrated exemplary performance this year, but have also helped to support the Filipino economy and community through their online business. Majority of the winners during the awards were MSMEs.
- Innovating to meet the shift in needs of sellers and customers: Lazada launched Lazada Fresh and Lazada Med, providing consumers convenient online access to a wide assortment of fresh foods and frozen products, and health and wellness products. To date, Lazada has onboarded over 400 fresh food sellers, and offers thousands of health products to consumers through its platform.
- Evolving consumer shopping behavior: Smartphones rose to become a top selling category. Other emerging categories in 2020 include cycling and outdoor recreation supplies, and well-being supplements. Popular products purchased in 2020 include disposable face masks, matching loungewear sets, and socks.
Neil Trinidad, Chief Marketing Officer of Lazada Philippines, shared about Lazada’s various initiatives in the past year to uplift communities in need across the country, and the exciting Shoppertainment program in store for consumers in the upcoming 12.12 Grand Christmas Sale.
- LazadaForGood initiatives to support communities in need: This year, Lazada’s digital giving platform enabled Filipinos to support relief efforts for communities in need, by making safe and secure digital donations to trusted NGO partners. To date, LazadaForGood has raised over PHP 30 million for 25 of Lazada’s partner NGOs.
- In January, Lazada leveraged LazadaForGood to raise funds for communities affected by the Taal Volcano eruption
- The ‘Combat Covid19’ initiative was launched to support frontliners and other communities in need who were impacted by the pandemic. Lazada hosted its first “Radio Gives Back” charity concert from home, in partnership with Tiger 22 Media and various OPM artists to raise funds.
- To support communities devastated by the recent typhoons Rolly and Ulysses, Lazada partnered with NGOS Caritas Manila, Kaya Natin, Project Pearls, UNICEF, and World Vision.
- This 12.12, Lazada is also partnering with Unilever, RFM, Dole, Century Pacific Food, and Rise Against Hunger to launch ‘Brand Aid: Noche Buena Para Sa Lahat’. This first-of-its-kind partnership will bring Noche Buena to families in need this Christmas.
- 12.12 Campaign Highlights:
- Lazada Christmas Millionaire program: 12 lucky contestants will stand a chance to win the grand prize of Php 1.2 Million cash prize! To participate, shoppers can log on the Lazada app, search “Christmas Millionaire”, and collect the voucher of the day. 12 winners a day will be announced on Lazada’s Facebook page – they will win Php 1,212 vouchers and a chance to be a contestant on Lazada’s Christmas Millionaire show on Eat Bulaga.
- 12.12 Christmas Super Show: The star-studded countdown concert will take place on December 11, at 10:45pm, and broadcasted on GMA-7 and livestreamed in-app on Lazada’s LazLive channel. The lineup up of guests including Michael V., Ms. Aiai Delas Alas, Barbie Forteza, Rhian Ramos, Julie Anne San Jose, will be joined by our brand ambassadors Mimiyuuuh and Sam YG. Consumers can expect over PHP 20 Million worth of vouchers, exciting prizes, and even a negosyo package to be given away.
- LazGames: Shoppers can earn extra points to access more deals, by inviting friends to join the game. Coins earned through LazGames can be converted to vouchers for use with purchases on Lazada.