HOOQ Filmmakers Guild now open for 2nd season after naming 1st winner
HOOQ, the largest Video on Demand service in South East Asia, has concluded its inaugural HOOQ Filmmakers Guild with India’s submission “Bhak” coming out as the winner. HOOQ will fund the full season of “Bhak” that will live stream exclusively on its platform. “Bhak” was up against five other pilots from Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand, which were selected from over 500 submissions across Asia.
HOOQ has announced that HOOQ Filmmakers Guild is now open for a second season and calling for submissions.
HOOQ is calling on film professionals once again, be it directors, producers or scriptwriters, to send in scripts and treatments for a TV series idea they have.
- Submissions can be from Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Cambodia and the best pilot will be converted into a full series exclusively on HOOQ in 2019.
- The five best scripts, regionally, will be given $30,000 to produce a pilot episode which will premiere on HOOQ.
- HOOQ Filmmakers Guild 2018 will be open for entries until July 31, 2018. Applicants must be working as professionals in the film industry with prior film production experience. They are to submit the script and treatment for a series with a maximum of 13 episodes for a single season to qualify.
- Submissions and productions must be in the language of the applicant’s country. The complete panel of judges will be announced soon.
- For more information, go to https://campaign.hooq.tv/filmmakersguild2018-sg/
How to Get HOOQ
It’s easy to get HOOQ’d. Customers can simply download the HOOQ app from Apple Store or Google Play, sign up or log in, to access HOOQ’s extensive library of Hollywood and Asian hits. Find out more and sign up today for a complimentary trial at www.hooq.tv and pay for the subscription through credit card.