GCash beep MasterCard is your ATM, pre-paid, and MRT/LRT beep card all rolled into one
The GCash beep MasterCard is your ATM card, pre-paid card for purchases, and beep card for your MRT/LRT daily commute. GCash beep MasterCard is a collaboration between MasterCard and G-Xchange, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Globe. The P150 GCash beep MasterCard includes a free prepaid Globe SIM card and P30 GCash load.
Left to Right: Xavier Marzan (President and CEO of GXI) and Poch Villa-Real (Country Head of MasterCard).
According to Xavier Marzan, President and CEO of GXi, three out of four adults in the Philippines do not have bank accounts, and among those who do, credit card penetration is only 3%. GCash beep MasterCard offers the comforts of cashless shopping, payments, among others, to this huge, underserved segment.
- It is the first value-added card to be beep-ready. beep users can purchase their fare like a stored value card, and avoid long lines.
- All GCash beep MasterCard users have access to over 40 million MasterCard merchant locations and ATMs worldwide. beep users can swipe their cards for grocery, shopping, and dining (among others conveniences), and can use it locally or overseas.
- GCash beep MasterCard users have access to online payments. They can buy apps for their smartphone, gems for their online games, and shop at online retailers and deal sites.
- Since GCash is powered by Globe, GCash beep cardholders can buy discounted prepaid Globet/TM phone load, send money to any Globe/TM user for free, receive remittances, pay bills, withdraw cash from any ATM nationwide, and check GCash balance (and monitor transactions).
Where to Buy a GCash beep MasterCard
The GCash beep MasterCard is available at any of the 35 selected Globe Stores nationwide, as well as at roving caravans, for P150. It includes a free prepaid Globe SIM card and P30 GCash load. The personalized GCash beep MasterCard can be ready in minutes once a valid ID card is presented.
List of Globe Stores
- GMA: Ali Mall, EDSA Shangi-la, Gateway Mall, Glorietta 3, Greenbelt 4, Greenhills, Market Market, Lucky China Town Mall, Robinson’s Place Manila.
- Luzon: SM Bacoor, SM Baguio, SM Batangas, SM Calamba, SM Clark, SM Dasmarinas, SM Lipa, SM Molino, SM San Fernando, SM Sta. Rosa.
- Visayas: SM Cebu, SM Iloilo.
- Mindanao: Abreeza Mall, CDO Centrio Mall, Limketkai Mall CDO, SM General Santos.
How to load
You can load the card at any of the 10,000 GCash outlets nationwide. These include all Globe Stores, 7-eleven stores, SM Department Stores, Puregold Supermarket, and at pawnshops like Tambunting and Villarica, among others. GCash subscribers can also use mobile and online banking to fund their GCash beep MasterCard.
Reloading the beep account
To reload the beep account, place the GCash beep MasterCard on top of the Stored Value Card reader of the Ticket Vending Machine at any LRT/MRT station, choose the Stored Value option on the screen, insert the corresponding amount of money on the slot provided, and wait for the transaction receipt to come out.
For more information, visit GetGCashMC.com.ph.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.