Whether it’s catching up with loved ones, going on new adventures or witnessing important milestones – don’t let the flu stop you from being present for the things that matter most. Enjoy an #Unstoppable2023 by safeguarding your health from the flu and other infectious diseases.
WHAT IS THE FLU? HOW CAN IT STOP ME FROM LIFE’S ADVENTURES?
- Influenza can be a critical illness that can lead to complications, hospitalizations, and even death in high-risk people.
- Seasonal influenza occurs globally and is estimated to infect (symptomatically or asymptomatically) 1 in 5 unvaccinated children and 1 in 10 unvaccinated adults. In addition, up to 5 million people fall severely ill because of the flu, and every year, up to 650,000 people are at risk of dying globally because of influenza-associated respiratory diseases.
WHY SHOULD I GET AN ANNUAL FLU SHOT?
- A flu vaccine helps your immune system provide optimal protection against the flu, enabling you to live your life to the fullest. For vaccinated children as young as six months and older adults, a flu shot can be lifesaving.
- Flu vaccine protection declines over time due to the constant changing of the flu virus strain. Due to this, vaccines are annually reviewed and produced to ensure optimal protection against the current flu virus.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO GET VACCINATED AGAINST THE FLU?
- In the Philippines, influenza viruses circulate year-round with multiple annual peaks. Increased activity is seen from June to November. The best time to get your flu shot is before the flu season starts. However, it’s better if you get vaccinated as soon as the new flu vaccines come out.
MAKE THIS YOUR YEAR AND BE #UNSTOPPABLE!
To know more about the benefits of flu vaccine and to get your flu shot, talk to your healthcare provider today.