Cloudfone Lite Senior Phones with S.O.S. Button let the elderly seek help ASAP
Our elderly loved ones can meet a life-threatening emergency anytime, but with the CloudFone Lite Senior phones with S.O.S. Button, they can immediately seek help without unlocking their phones, finding a reliable contact, and then making that phone call. The now-available Lite Senior comes in a Flip (Php 1,299) and Bar (Php 799) variant and have features suitable for users aged 60 and above. As part of the CSR Give-Back Project of Cloudfone, 20 senior patients from the Martinez Memorial Hospital in Caloocan were given free Lite Senior phones and shown how to use the S.O.S. Button during emergencies.
More about the Cloudfone Lite Senior Phones:
- With just one press, the S.O.S. Button automatically activates an alarm (a loud sound), sends emergency customized “Cry for Help” text messages and calls up to five (5) different emergency contacts. The Lite Senior will keep sending texts and calls continuously, switching from one registered contact number to the next in case the first contact failed to receive the call. The phone won’t stop alerting the pre-selected contacts unless the receiver answers the call.
- The S.O.S. Button is designed for life-threatening situations, when the elderly user has no time to activate their phone, unlock it, scroll through contacts, press Call, wait for a response, end call, and find another contact to reach out to.
- The S.O.S. Button is found on the front of the flip variant and on the back for the bar variant.
- The Cloudfone Lite Senior phones are easy to operate devices – all it has, essentially, is a screen display and big fonts and large keypad buttons. There are no apps to download and install and firmware updates to worry about. These are affordable feature phones.
- Because of how simple and focused these devices are, they can also be for school-aged children and other members of the family.
- CellPrime, makers of Cloudfone, developed the Lite Senior phones for a year and a half before launching it last June.
At the Cloudfone Peace of Mind Activity at the Martinez Memorial Hospital, where CellPrime gave free Lite Senior phones to 20 elderly patients, a warm reception met the S.O.S. Button demo. “When Cloudfone explained to me the features, I liked it. I explained to the recipients about the advantages in cases of accidents and distress. Ang galing. If I had that kind of phone when I had an accident, this phone could have helped. Maganda ito,” said Dr. Martinez Del Rio, COO of Martinez Memorial. Other recipients responded well, including 68-year old Cornelio Estrada, hospitalized for chest pains. He was already planning to enter the contact numbers of his children and grandchildren in his new Cloudfone Lite Senior in case of emergencies.
The Php 799 Cloudfone Lite Senior (Bar) and Php 1,299 Cloudfone Lite Senior (Flip) are now available in all trade channels nationwide. For more about this and other Cloudfone products, visit www.cloudfone.com.ph and at www.facebook.com/cloudfone.