BlackBerry Launches the BlackBerry® Z3 in the Philippines
Manila – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced the availability in the Philippines of the new BlackBerry® Z3 smartphone. The BlackBerry Z3 will be available to customers through authorized partners across the country, and is expected to retail at P10,990.
The BlackBerry Z3 smartphone provides BlackBerry users more ways to connect and share, with an experience built on reliable, secure communications. BlackBerry Z3, will keep Filipino users better connected and more productive with a stylish design featuring a 5” touch display, an unrivalled messaging and typing experience and exceptional battery life. BlackBerry Z3 is equipped with BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1, which is Android app compatible.
Key features include:
- BlackBerry® Hub – The ever present BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your work and personal email, BBM™, text messages, social media updates and notifications in one place, with the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. The Hub can be customized to identify priority messages and to filter the message list by various criteria that you can then activate with a simple pinch gesture.
- BBM – BBM on the BlackBerry Z3 includes all the latest features of the popular mobile social network. You get BBM voice and video chatting with Screen Share and support for BlackBerry Natural Sound, letting you hear nuances and variations in tone in a BBM Voice chat, and making the conversation sound like you’re in the same room.
- BlackBerry Keyboard – The BlackBerry Keyboard learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately. It gives you the best Filipino typing experience on a touchscreen, complete with multi-language support that lets you type in up to three different languages at the same time.
- Time Shift & Story Maker – The BlackBerry Z3’s astonishing Time Shift camera feature lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. You can also use Story Maker to bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share on YouTube.
- BlackBerry 10 Browser – The BlackBerry 10 browser sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 performance on smartphones, and is incredibly fast, with fluid and responsive scrolling and zooming. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content. You can even save web pages for later viewing.
- Instant Previews & Reply Now – Be more timely and responsive with Instant Previews that bring BBM, SMS and email message to you no matter what you are doing on your BlackBerry Z3. You can even reply to your BBM or SMS messages in any app, or swipe to the BlackBerry Hub to respond. If you get a phone call that you can’t answer right way, you can instantly silence the call and send a Reply Now response through BBM, SMS or email to let the caller know you’re busy.
- Fast, Easy Sharing – The BlackBerry Z3 learns how you share and who you share with, helping you reduce the number of steps and amount of time it takes to get your files, photos, or documents to where they need to go. Touching “share” in any app provides suggestions on who and how to share your files based on who you’ve shared with in the past, and the feature only gets smarter the more you use it.
- FM Radio – The new BlackBerry Z3 includes a built-in FM radio. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.
Cameron Vernest, Managing Director for Singapore and the Philippines at BlackBerry said, “The Philippines is a key market for BlackBerry Z3 and we are excited to be working with our partners to bring this new BlackBerry to our loyal Filipino customers. This device gives users more ways to connect, share and communicate, providing the best tool for secure, reliable communications and collaboration with friends, family and co-workers. Priced affordably, the BlackBerry Z3 will extend the full capabilities of the BlackBerry 10 Operating System version 10.2.1 experience for a new generation of customers in the Philippines.”
The new BlackBerry Z3 will be available through BlackBerry authorized partners and carriers. For more information about the BlackBerry Z3, please visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryz3.Android apps can be downloaded directly from the Internet through the BlackBerry Browser – allowing you to enjoy some of the world’s most popular titles. However, not all Android apps are supported and compatibility may vary by smartphone and/or source.