ASUS Holds Summer Case Modding Competition 2014
Modders and enthusiasts all over the Philippines can get a chance to show-off their rigs and win high-end ASUS components
Philippines, Manila — ASUS is calling out on all Pinoy case-modders to join and compete in the ASUS Summer Mod Contest 2014. Winners of the said contest can get a chance to win ASUS goodies, accessories, and components. Aside from the cool prizes, the winners get to be recognized as one of the best modders in the Philippines.
The contest is open to all PC enthusiasts and modders residing in the Philippines. The Summer Mod Contest is Facebook-based and users must submit photos of their custom rigs. Interested participants can submit their entries from February 24 until April 7, 2014. The voting segment will begin with all entries posted in the ASUS Philippines Facebook Page on April 8 to 22, 2014.
Please refer to the contest mechanics for more details on how to participate, as well as the prizes to be awarded to the winners.
1. The contest is open to all PC enthusiasts and modders residing in the Philippines.
2. They must be a fan of ASUS Philippines Facebook Page.
3. They must present at least seven beauty shots of their submissions: one main shot, three inside detail shots, and three overall shots. All component and detail shots should be clear of effects. Photo submissions should not be less than 800 x 600 pixels in .jpg file format.
4. They must answer the following questions when they send their entries.
- a. Why did you choose ASUS over other brands?
- b. What local store did you go to purchase them? Why did you choose that store?
5. Entries need not be new builds but must have an ASUS motherboard. However, entries from ASUS PH’s 2013 Summer Mod Contest are disqualified from the contest.
6. Only case-modded and themed builds are allowed. Scratch build entries will be disqualified.
7. Entries must then be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including their contact details with the name and specifications of the rig.
8. Submission of entries will start form February 24 to April 7, 2014. Voting of rigs will start from April 8 to 22, 2014.
9. The photos of the rigs entries will be placed in an album in ASUS Philippines, where supporters of the entry must “like” and “share” their choice for the contestant to garner additional points in judging.
10. Judging of rigs will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and Design: 45%
- Aesthetics: 25%
- Popularity through Facebook likes: 15%
- ASUS Factor: 15%
11. Announcement of winners will be made on April 25, 2014.
12. The top 10 finalists will be asked to show off their rigs during ASUS PH’s DIY PC events for 2014.
13. Finalists will receive prizes from ASUS:
- Top 6-10: ROG shirt each
- Top 5: ROG Jacket
- 3rd Place: ROG Orion Pro + ROG Jacket
- 2nd Place: Gryphon Z87 + ROG Jacket
- 1st Place: Maximus VI Formula + GTX 760 + ROG Jacket
14. ASUS will choose to interview at least 1 finalist / winner and will post a video interview on ASUS PH’s local online channels.
Contents of this post were taken from a Press Release.