Exciting plans, promos, and products await Filipinos in 2017.
Manila, Philippines – 2017 marks its way in Canon’s history as the company celebrates its 20th year in the Philippines. In celebration of this milestone, Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc. (CMPI) has announced several products, promos, and plans that Filipinos can expect in the year ahead.
“We are grateful for the unwavering support of Filipinos to our brand in the last 20 years. We were able to get this far because of their trust on us in helping them achieve their imaging and printing needs through our expertise in technology,” said Lim Kok Hin, CMPI President & CEO. “As we celebrate this milestone, we also remember our commitment to our Filipino customers and clients to provide them only the best quality of service and products that they deserve—and that is what we have planned out for the year ahead.”
Among the key highlights that the company announced for the year were:
- Canon Inc. will celebrate in March the 30th anniversary of the launch of the company’s EOS System, which includes EOS-series interchangeable lens cameras and a diverse range of system accessories, beginning with interchangeable EF Lenses.
- The Canon #getMpowered campaign that launched last year continues in 2017. It aims to inspire more individuals to capture their life’s passion through photography, then share and express themselves to the world effortlessly with the help of Canon’s EOS M mirrorless cameras—the EOS M5, EOS M3, and EOS M10.
In addition to these, in 2017, Filipinos can expect several new products from Canon including the following:
- Designed for lifestyle photographers, the new PowerShot G9 X Mark II is an addition to the PowerShot G Series line of premium digital compact cameras that features the latest DIGIC 7 image processor to produce high quality images and new levels of performance for accurate detection and precision tracking of subjects.
- Expanding the PowerShot SX and IXUS range are the new PowerShot SX430 IS, which is a high zoom compact camera perfect for landscape and distance photography, and the ultra-compact IXUS 190 and IXUS 185, which are perfect for everyday photography.
- The PIXMA Ink Efficient G4000 with WIFI & FAX is an upgrade to the G series printers with its integrated ink tank design. This brings Canon further in the game of low-cost, high-volume, multi-function printing that makes home offices and small businesses more efficient, more cost-effective and consequently, more profitable.
- Lastly, the newest additions to the line of Ink Efficient All-In-One printers are the PIXMA Ink Efficient E410 and E470. These are the latest printers equipped with low-cost, high yield ink cartridges to ensure affordable cost of operation.
Along with these new products, Canon will be rolling out a series of exciting 20th anniversary special promos this year as its way of giving back to its valued clients and consumers.
Meanwhile, as Canon also gears up for a full year ahead, it announced new assignments and additions to its local management team. Kristine Dacanay, previously CMPI’s Marketing Manager for Business Imaging Solutions and Production Printing Group (BPG), now oversees the overall marketing communication initiatives of CMPI’s Consumer Group and BPG alongside Lim. Dacanay has been with CMPI for ten years now, and has been instrumental in optimizing Canon’s marketing efforts throughout the years.
In addition to this, Benny Yu joins in as the new head of CMPI’s Consumer Group. His role promises more aggressive efforts to bring Canon’s consumer portfolio forward and beyond in the Philippines.
“In Canon, we delight in bringing to our customers and clients the right products and services they need to help improve their lives and enable them to achieve their image of success,” said Dacanay. “You can only expect that this year and in the years to come, we will only strive to be better and offer nothing less of what Filipinos deserve from our brand of crisp and vivid images.”
For updates on promos and new products, visit www.canon.com.ph and www.canon.com.ph/imagenation.