Seven promising global startups will be joining the international pitching competition at the Geeks on a Beach (GOAB) tech and startup conference at Bellevue Hotel in Panglao Island, Bohol on August 25-26, 2016.
The seven finalists are:
- AnnualBooks(Philippines), a platform that allows schools to create Online Yearbooks, School Newspapers, Collaboration Tools for Teachers/Parents/Students, E-Learning system, Alumni Center, Grades Monitoring System, and much more;
- engageSpark(Philippines), a digital solution that lets non-techies at non-profits (and businesses) build interactive Automated Phone Calls and 2-Way SMS programs to engage the poor in developing countries.
- Grow360(Singapore), a platform that provides feedback, self-development tools and access to coaches for professionals;
- iUNGOCorp(Netherlands), a platform for managing energy demand, so that home owners, building administrators and utility service providers can manage energy consumption in a more intelligent way;
- Liser Robotics(Philippines), a robotic educational system for teaching computer coding to kids;
- LookingFour(Philippines), a platform where buyers post products they need and match suppliers notified; and
- TrustMyStaff(Cambodia), a digital service that is aimed at employers who wish to fill a job vacancy quickly, efficiently and with an honest candidate. It helps find a candidate who is a good psychological fit for the vacancy.
These startups were chosen from a pool of 14 applicants hailing from 7 countries, including Cambodia, Netherlands, Philippines, Singapore, Ukraine and USA.
Each of the finalists will be given three minutes each to pitch and two minutes to answer question in front of the international pitching competition panel of judges and audience.
The judges are Diane Eustaquio, Executive Director, IdeaSpace Foundation, Inc.; Monchito Ibrahim, Innovation Consultant, DICT; Arup Maity, President, Blast Asia and Xamun, Inc.; Khailee Ng, Managing Partner, 500 Startups; Francis Oliva, Head of Community Partnerships, PLDT Smart SME Nation; Tong Hsien Hui, Investment Director, Infocomm Investment Pte Ltd (IIPL); and Marc Nager, Chief Community Officer, TechStars.
TechTalks.ph founder Tina Amper said the GOAB international contest will offer a US $1,000 prize to a single winner. “The event will bring publicity on the startup, hopefully attract more users, investors, or mentors to said enterprise. The most promising startup or innovation-driven enterprise will receive mentoring and limited consultation services from event organizers” she said.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.