Announced at the Smart Unbox event were the value-for-money P1288 Smartphone Prepaid Kit, budget-friendy P888 Smart Bro Pocket WiFi, Super Speed LTE SIMs, Giga Surf 50 which offers 1GB of data for surfing and apps and video streaming, a faster customer feedback and response system via @SMARTCares Twitter account, the go-to guy for questions and concerns by subscribers (www.martythesmarty.com), an enhanced My Smart mobile app so subscribers get manage their account and enjoy promos and perks, the Smart “Own It” campaign which encourages the youth to share their passions; and the Smart Life app which features daily exclusive digital perks, videos, music, and games for mobile users.
PLDT/Smart Chairman, President and CEO Manuel V. Pangilinan at the Smart Unbox event.
Here are more details on the digital services announced:
- The bigger and better Smartphone Prepaid Kit is only P1,288, making it easier for Filipinos to connect to mobile Internet and get accustomed to using online apps and services.
- For those with multiple gadgets, sharing connections is also now lot easier with Smart Bro Pocket WiFi, available at only P888.
- Because speed and size matter in the online world, Smart also announced its Super Speed LTE SIMs as well as Giga Surf 50, its biggest data offer with 1GB data for surfing and apps, plus free 300MB for video streaming on YouTube and iflix, valid for three days at only P50. As an innovative feature, this 1GB data can be shared with other prepaid subscribers through the Smart’s Pasadata service.
- Smart teamed up with Twitter to enhance its customer experience via @SMARTCares with live feedback and a faster response system. Smart is the first brand in the Philippines to use Twitter as its main Customer Service touchpoint for customer care needs and account inquiries in real-time.
- To help subscribers maximize their data experience, Smart is powering Marty the Smarty, everyone’s go-to guy for all kinds of questions and concerns about mobile data and the Internet, accessible via his website www.martythesmarty.com and official account on Twitter @martysmarty.
- My Smart mobile app has been improved, so prepaid and postpaid subscribers can manage their accounts 24/7 – anytime and anywhere. Downloadable on Google Play Store and iTunes, this simple and convenient app also allows subscribers to register and check the status of promos, load up their account and even redeem perks.
- Smart unveiled its “Own It” campaign, a platform that encourages everyone, especially the youth, to share their passions to the world, giving them a voice larger than themselves. Under this campaign, Smart has teamed up with YouTube for Smart Launchpad, a program to help budding content creators upload their own work and broadcast it to the world via Upload Stations all over the country. Smart will be tapping industry experts for workshops that will lead to a selection of the most deserving content creators to fly to LA for a once-in-a-lifetime experience of collaborating with the biggest YouTube Stars.
- Along with MCA Music, Smart also kicks off Smart Music Live! on July 14 in a free-for-subscribers concert featuring Ely Buendia, Up Dharma Down and Nathan Sykes at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Smart Music Live will also feature perks and meet and greet events for upcoming concerts of hit artists like Selena Gomez’s on July 31; In the Mix featuring Third Eye Blind, Panic! At the Disco, James Bay, Elle King and Twin Pines on August18; and Shawn Mendes’ in October.
- Rounding off Smart’s major announcements is the Smart Life app, a breakthrough app featuring daily exclusive digital perks, videos, music, and games for mobile users. Currently on its initial phase, the app will roll out exciting new functionalities as well as host top-rated content from D5 Studio, feature sports coverage such as FIBA and the upcoming Olympics, and other compelling digital content created for and by users for even more delightful experiences.
“At the center of all these new products and services is our effort to transform our networks into the country’s most extensive and data capable infrastructure, so we are able to deliver faster, more reliable and more affordable Internet services across the country,” PLDT/Smart Chairman, President, and CEO Manuel V. Pangilinan said.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.