Expanding Portfolio Combines Tighter Integration with Autodesk 360 Cloud Services & Powerful AutoCAD Enhancements with Convenient, Flexible Subscription Options
Autodesk, Inc. today announced the release of the new Autodesk 2015 Design Suites, which are more tightly integrated with Autodesk cloud services than ever before – offering customers the ability to collaborate, simulate, analyze and more, many with just one click from within the suite.
Each Autodesk 2015 Design Suite includes AutoCAD 2015, the most advanced AutoCAD yet. A new interface and enhanced productivity tools enable customers to experience a new standard in design and documentation. Additionally, Autodesk Subscription offers customers even more convenient, flexible ways to access the tools they need, when they need them, to help grow their business. Autodesk subscription connects customers with software updates, services, and support that help get the most out of their investment in Autodesk software now and in the future.
“The Autodesk portfolio now has something for everyone involved in making products and projects come to life, in addition to designers and engineers,” said Amar Hanspal, senior vice president of platform products, Autodesk. “Users will notice a difference in how much easier it is to get their work done with the Autodesk 2015 Design Suites.”
Productivity-Boosting Enhancements for All Suites
New features and functionality have been added to the 2015 family of Autodesk Design Suites:
- Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite offers a refined visual interface, better point cloud support to bring the real world into the AutoCAD canvas, and easier ways to work with online maps and other geographic location information.
- Autodesk Building Design Suite delivers better integration with BIM 360 cloud services, enhanced point cloud capabilities, and numerous customer requested improvements for Autodesk Revit, including a new sketchy lines feature, ability to include imagery in schedules, enhanced hidden lines capability and more.
- Autodesk Factory Design Suite introduces easier moves from 2D AutoCAD drawings to 3D factory layouts with streamlined transitions from legacy workflows; point cloud support for “as is” facility capture; extended use of Factory Design data; and enhancements to Factory Design Mobile app.
- Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite includes major enhancements to AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including improved user interface, greater flexibility for corridor modeling, more efficient creation of profiles layouts, better production drafting, and simpler ways to create custom subassemblies.
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite rolls out significant enhancements to AutoCAD Plant 3D software, including center of gravity, bill of materials (BOM), fixed length pipe modeling, piping and instrumentation drawing (P&ID), and isometric improvements.
- Autodesk Product Design Suite launches with exceptional modeling capabilities, a new user experience, and workflow enhancements.
Actual features and functionality vary by edition (Standard, Premium, Ultimate) of each suite.
It’s Never Been Easier to Access Autodesk Software
Autodesk Subscription offers the most convenient, modern, and flexible way for customers to purchase and access the software and services that they need to grow their business, and new purchasing options allow customers to choose the plan that best fits their current project needs and budget.
Autodesk Subscription customers gain access to the latest Autodesk software releases and cloud services, technical support, and flexible licensing rights from the following options:
- Maintenance Subscription is the most cost effective way to maintain and maximize long-term investment in purchased Autodesk software and services.
- Desktop Subscription offers pay-as-you-go plans. Customers can choose from monthly, quarterly, and annual options for using Autodesk Design and Creation Suites and select software products.
- Cloud Service Subscription can have a dramatic effect on the way customers work. A broad selection of cloud-based services offer access to virtually infinite cloud computing power that significantly reduces visualization and simulation processing times and frees up desktop resources for greater productivity, mobility and collaboration.
Autodesk 2015 Design Suites will become available starting March 28, 2014. Availability varies by country. See details and purchasing options at www.autodesk.com/subcription