Having the right products, committed partners, dedicated associates, and adherence to global standards have fueled the success of Brother PH in the Philippine market, this from current and first Filipino President of Brother Philippines Glenn P. Hocson. The company, known for its customer-centric tag line “At Your Side”, celebrates 15 years of providing quality product and services to Filipinos.
Masao Kasagi, Deputy General Manager for Sales and Marketing.
Brother International Philippines Corporation was set up as one of the sales office in the country by Japan-based Brother Group in 2000. Brother PH started with a dozen staff led former Brother PH President Takatoshi Kawakami. They began selling facsimile machines only.
Left to Right: Lim Heng Boon, Director of Finance and Human Resource from Brother International Singapore and Glenn P. Hocson, Brother Philippines President.
From its first full year sales of Php 65 million, Brother PH is now a Php 1-billion plus sales company complemented by a dedicated workforce, an extensive network of provincial offices, accredited distributors, nationwide resellers, and a network of Authorized Service Centers.
Providing technology for the home and office
- Over the years, Brother PH has been providing Filipinos with reliable, durable and high speed laser and inkjet printers, multi-function centers (MFCs), sewing machines and label markers, for use at home and for businesses.
- Brother PH is the first company in the country to launch A3 Inkjet MFC that can also print in the A3 or poster-size paper, a big plus for creative professionals and for those in the printing business.
- The company has also made printing more cost-efficient with its refill tank system MFC models.
- Brother PH provides creative possibilities with its home products – the sewing and embroidery machines: the ScanNcut, character-model embroidery machines, and character-model Ptouch and label markers.
Glenn P. Hocson, Brother Philippines President.
Going up means reaching out
The company’s growth allows it to give back to the communities.
- Brother Earth was launched to share the Brother Group’s on-going efforts for environmental protection, and to introduce various environmental technologies being developed.
- In the Philippines, Brother PH supports reforestation efforts to review the Marikina Watershed. Since 2010, Brother PH has also been conducting tree planting activities for the watershed while also donating farming equipment to the community.
- Brother PH also adopted a school under Brigada Eskwela and Lakbay Aral programs, carried out livelihood projects with the Ati of Boracay, and participated in the Philippine Cancer Society’s ‘Relay for Life’ for the benefit of breast cancer patients and survivors.
From left to right: Boom Gonzales, Phoemela Barranda, Jeric and Jeron Teng, Elmo Magalona, Masao Kasagi, Glenn Hocson, Lim Heng Boon, Doug and Cheska Kramer.
The signs of things to come
Brother PH is now an establish company, it’s gone a long way since it started 15 years ago. According to Hocson, the company will intensify its customer engagement with its Customer Plus Program. Brother PH will also expand sales to government, corporate, and small to medium business sector; and provide non-box solutions and services such as Corporate Customer Portal.
“We are committed,” Hocson said, “to giving them [Filipinos] the best of technology to make working at their homes and offices more productive and efficient.”
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.