ThinkBook Expands Portfolio for SMB Users Everywhere
Lenovo introduces 10th Gen Intel® Core™ powered ThinkBook 14 and 15 SMB-focused devices, and updates the rest of the ThinkBook portfolio
BERLIN, Germany, September 5, 2019 – Lenovo announced today, at Lenovo Tech Life, the new ThinkBook 14 and 15 mainstream laptops designed for small and medium businesses (SMB). Expanding the portfolio announced at Lenovo Accelerate, these new devices are built for performance and connectivity. We are also updating the ThinkBook 13s and 14s with 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors for exceptional performance. Sleek and elegantly designed for the needs of today’s workplaces, ThinkBook laptops deliver on the promise of performance, security and connectivity to offer a smarter working environment for style and budget-conscious customers.
ThinkBook for Today’s Workforce
Businesses of any size can be advocates of intelligent transformation, but none more-so than smaller, agile companies who have at their core highly motivated and tech-savvy personnel. The ThinkBook series is a new line of laptops designed for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) and privacy-conscious users on a budget. Visually, ThinkBooks might be taken for a consumer device which was by design; its aluminum chassis is sleek while offering equal business features and ThinkShield security features.
In a Lenovo research survey fielded in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, when end users were asked what device characteristics they cared about most when their work laptop was provided, nearly 40% percent of Millennials and Gen Z respondents stated “material” and “the way it looks”. They desire devices that complement their personality and offer smartphone-like experiences within their digital wardrobe.
Today, this tech savvy group makes up nearly 60% of the new workforce and apart from looking premium, they expect their technology to allow them to work from anywhere. Whether hot-desking or travelling for business or leisure, or both, these users need the collaborative tools to remain agile, creative and productive, wherever they are. Smart features, rich connectivity and seamless performance are key assets they seek, and IT managers can rest assured that business-grade ThinkShield security components will protect their end-users.
We designed ThinkBook, using customer insight, to give this group of digital natives the collaboration tools required to remain agile, creative and productive whilst ensuring business-grade features give IT staff greater peace of mind.
Powerful Performance, Easy Security and Smart Working
The premium look and feel of ThinkBook laptops are backed up by innovation and technology. Wrapped in aluminium and magnesium materials, they incorporate business-features to enhance today’s dynamic workstyle preferences.
- 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors delivers exceptional performance that intelligently adjusts to the task at hand through AI. More on that here.
- Plenty of fast PCIe SSD storage and DDR4 memory to handle the heaviest of the workloads with ease, boosted even more by Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage
- Experience super-fast internet connectivity with Gigabit speeds on both wired (RJ45) and optional Intel® Wi-Fi 61
- One-step unlock and turn on with the Smart Power Button that has a fingerprint reader built in
- Ensure webcam privacy with the ThinkShutter camera shutter
- Protection for your wireless mouse dongle from loss or theft with the hidden USB port
- Answer or hang up Skype for Business calls instantly with hotkeys
- Charge and connect any USB-C device to the full-function Gen2 USB-C port. Eliminates the need to carry around separate chargers.
Pricing and Availability2
ThinkBook 14 will be available from November 2019, starting at €675.
ThinkBook 15 will be available from November 2019, starting at €665.
ThinkBook 13s IML will be available from November 2019, starting at $729.
ThinkBook 14s IML will be available from November 2019, starting at $749.