The OPPO A39 is an elegant lowlight camera phone at only P10,990
OPPO’s inertia in the affordable camera-focused niche continues in the P10,990 OPPO A39, whose design clearly belongs to the OPPO F1 family of minimalist elegant phones. The midrange OPPO A39 ticks all the boxes of a user-friendly and capable daily driver – 3GB RAM for fluid multitasking, the quiet elegance of curved glass, sturdy Gorilla Glass 4, a rear camera that’ll do well in low light, a hefty-enough 2,900 mAh battery, and real dual SIM plus an extra slot for micro SD card storage expansion.
The OPPO A39 is available at concept and dealer stores starting January 7 for only Php 10,990.
OPPO A39 Full Specs
- 5.2-inch HD TFT 1280 x 720 resolution at 282 ppi
- Display has 2.5D curved glass and Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1.5 GHz 64 Bit MT6750 Octa-Core Processor | Mali T860 GPU | 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, up to 256GB via micro SD card slot
- Rear Camera: 13MP f/2.2 w/ AF and LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP f/2.4, w/ 1.4 um, and screen flash
- 2,900 mAh Battery | Dual SIM plus micro SD slot
- Android 5.1 Lollipop w/ Color OS 3.0
- WiFi, 3G, LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A GPS, GLONASS
- Sensors: Distance, light, g, compass
- 149.1 x 72.9 x 7.65 mm | 147 g
- Price: PHP 10,990
Notable features of the OPPO A39 include:
- A 5MP selfie camera for taking great selfies even in not so good lighting conditions – the OPPO A39’s front camera has extra large 1.4um pixels and has a ¼-inch sensor with higher light sensitivity and frame rate for taking sharper pics and vids reduced noise.
- A 13MP rear camera that can take 50MP ultra-high definition images with its extra-large 1/3.06 inch sensor. This allows the camera to capture more light to improve picture taking during low light and night shots.
- ColorOS 3.0’s power-optimization works with the A39’s 2900 mAh lithium polymer battery and MT6750 processor, thereby reducing power consumption by up to 35 percent. This allows up to more than 13 hours of non-stop use.
- The 3GB RAM and Octa-Core 64-bit processor work in tandem for a fluid multitasking and app-switching experience.
- Unibody design for a comfy grip. The A39s 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 screen has rounded corners so the phone rests comfortably in one’s hand. The magnesium-aluminum body makes for a sturdy frame despite the phone’s weight of only 147 grams.
Irwin Allen Rivera
Irwin Allen Rivera loves his wife's cooking so much he's now twice the man he used to be. His English essay won a Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Award for Literature in 2012. His philosophical-horror story appeared in Philippine Speculative Fiction 8 (2013). He was managing editor and lead writer of Sites and Symbols 2 (2005), a coffee-table book about buildings in UP Diliman - his alma mater (BA Philosophy; MA Creative Writing continuing). He worked at the UP Diliman Information Office before shifting to web content writing. His sudden fiction, "Notwithstanding Pigs," initially a Friendster testimonial, appeared in Philippines Graphic (2006) and in Very Short Stories for Harried Readers (2007). He used to write for www.technoodling.net.