Rimini Street Announces Fiscal Fourth Quarter and Annual 2020 Financial Results
MANILA, Philippines – Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products and a Salesforce partner, today announced results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2020.
“For the fourth quarter and full year 2020, we continued to execute well against our strategic growth plan to achieve $1 billion in annual revenue by 2026 and exceeded quarterly and full year guidance. We accelerated year-over-year revenue growth for the fourth quarter from 11.7% to 15.4% and for the full year 2020 from 10.9% to 16.3%, respectively, achieved record quarterly and full year results for revenue, new sales invoicing, Calculated Billings, backlog and total gross profit and maintained a Revenue Retention rate of over 90 percent,” stated Seth A. Ravin, Rimini Street co-founder, CEO and chairman of the board. “Throughout the year, we continued making investments – including key executive leadership additions – to take advantage of growing global demand for Rimini Street’s support solutions, including our new application management, security, interoperability and professional services.”
“We produced another consecutive quarter of net income, further strengthened the balance sheet with record cash of $87.6 million at year end 2020 and generated $42.1 million of operating cash flow for full year 2020, a 107% year-over-year improvement,” stated Michael L. Perica, Rimini Street chief financial officer. “Today, we are issuing guidance for first quarter and full year 2021 revenue and affirming our continued commitment to the long-term goals of increasing operating cash flow and growing GAAP profitability.”
Additional details about the Company’s strategic growth plans and operations were presented during Rimini Street’s Investor Day 2021 on February 1, 2021, and the video and slide presentation materials can be found here on the Company’s Investor Relations page through January 2022.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Financial Highlights
- Revenue was $87.8 million for the 2020 fourth quarter, an increase of 15.4% compared to $76.1 million for the same period last year.
- Annual Recurring Revenue was $349 million for the 2020 fourth quarter, an increase of 15.4% compared to $302 million for the same period last year.
- Active Clients as of December 31, 2020 were 2,487, an increase of 20.6% compared to 2,063 Active Clients as of December 31, 2019.
- Revenue Retention Rate was 92% for both the trailing 12 months ended December 31, 2020 and for the comparable period ended December 31, 2019.
- Gross margin was 61.8% for the 2020 fourth quarter compared to 60.2% for the same period last year.
- Operating income was $4.5 million for the 2020 fourth quarter compared to $1.6 million for the same period last year.
- Non-GAAP Operating Income was $11.9 million for the 2020 fourth quarter compared to $5.1 million for the same period last year.
- Net income was $3.7 million for the 2020 fourth quarter compared to a net loss of $(0.2) million for the same period last year.
- Non-GAAP Net Income was $11.1 million for the 2020 fourth quarter compared to $3.3 million for the same period last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the 2020 fourth quarter was $12.9 million compared to $4.7 million for the same period last year.
- Basic and diluted net loss per share attributable to common stockholders was $(0.04) for the 2020 fourth quarter compared to $(0.10) for the same period last year.
- Employee count as of December 31, 2020 was 1,425, a year-over-year increase of 12%.
Full Year 2020 Financial Highlights
- Revenue was $326.8 million for 2020, an increase of 16.3% compared to $281.1 million for 2019.
- Gross margin was 61.4% for 2020 compared to 62.6% for 2019.
- Operating income was $17.9 million for 2020 compared to $22.1 million for 2019.
- Non-GAAP Operating Income was $41.1 million for 2020 compared to $26.8 million for 2019.
- Net income was $13.0 million for 2020 compared to net income of $17.5 million for 2019.
- Basic and diluted net loss per share attributable to common stockholders was $(0.19) per share for 2020 compared to $(0.12) for 2019.
- Non-GAAP Net Income was $36.2 million for 2020 compared to $22.0 million for 2019.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $42.6 million for 2020 compared to $27.0 million for 2019.
- During the third quarter, the Company completed a follow-on public offering of approximately 6.1 million shares of common stock, with net proceeds to the Company of approximately $25.1 million.
- During the fourth quarter, the Company repurchased $5 million face-value of Series A preferred and subsequent to the fourth quarter close, the Company repurchased an additional $10 million, for a total of $15 million face-value of Series A preferred stock at an approximate 10% discount to face-value; no make-whole payments were required and such preferred shares were retired.
Reconciliations of the non-GAAP financial measures provided in this press release to their most directly comparable GAAP financial measures are provided in the financial tables included at the end of this press release. An explanation of these measures, why we believe they are meaningful and how they are calculated is also included under the heading “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures and Certain Key Metrics.”
Full Year 2020 Company Highlights
- Celebrated the 15th anniversary of the Company’s founding in 2005 to redefine the enterprise software support market and bring choice and value to software licensees around the world.
- Saved clients more than $5 billion in total maintenance costs since the Company’s inception.
- Launched the global availability of Rimini Street Support for SAP S/4HANA, extending the Company’s award-winning support services to S/4HANA licensees.
- Announced the new patent pending Rimini Street Artificial Intelligence Support Applications, a result of the Company’s continued investment in optimizing support processes and ensuring global service delivery outcomes at scale. Using the AI Applications, Rimini Street has been able to deliver a better client experience and reduce software issue resolution times by 23%.
- Further enhanced the Company’s industry-leading service response guarantee for clients, shortening response times for critical Priority 1 cases from 15 minutes to 10 minutes and for serious Priority 2 cases from 30 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Closed more than 33,000 support cases and delivered nearly 89,000 tax, legal and regulatory updates for 58 countries, including more than 6,000 emergency updates related specifically to the global pandemic.
- Achieved a record average client satisfaction rating on the Company’s support delivery of 4.9 out of 5.0 (where 5.0 is “excellent”), an increase from an average of 4.8/5.0 in 2019.
- Appointed two new senior executive leaders to support the Company’s next phase of growth including:
- Gerard Brossard to the newly created role of executive vice president and chief operating officer (COO); and
- Michael L. Perica as executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO).
- Expanded the Company’s investment in Mexico and Central America, including the appointment of Alejandro González to the newly created role of general manager for the region.
- Announced a whole-of-government volume sourcing agreement with the Australian government, designed to make the procurement process faster, easier and more cost-effective for agencies to access Rimini Street’s support services.
- Awarded three Brazilian public sector contracts to support Oracle and SAP software as part of the government’s initiative to deliver transparency, efficiency, economy and optimization of public resources.
- Announced that leading global automobile manufacturer, Hyundai-Kia Motors, significantly expanded its use of Rimini Street Oracle Database support to include its overseas branches and affiliates worldwide.
- Announced that Green Cargo, the Swedish state-owned rail logistics operator, and Airservices Australia, Australia’s air navigation service provider, renewed their support agreements to continue to receive the Company’s ultra-responsive, high-quality support. Also announced many new clients from around the world including:
- Pulse Electronics, a leading components manufacturer;
- Hypera Pharma, Brazil’s largest pharmaceutical company;
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, a water treatment and management company serving more than 10 million customers;
- Vedacit, a leading manufacturer of construction products in Brazil;
- FP Corporation, Japan’s largest manufacturer of disposable food containers;
- Rassini Automotive, a leading automotive parts and accessories manufacturer in Brazil;
- Elders, an Australian agribusiness;
- Downies Collectables, an Australian coin and collectables retailer;
- The Iyo Bank, a major regional bank in Japan;
- Supreme Electronics, a leading Taiwanese electronic components distributor;
- Kamigumi, Japan’s leading transportation and logistics company;
- Proton, a leading Malaysian auto manufacturer;
- Kakao, a South Korean internet and mobile messaging company;
- Productos Chata, a leading food manufacturer based in Mexico;
- Nadro, Mexico’s leading distributor of pharmaceuticals; and
- Hearing Australia, the nation’s largest provider of government-funded hearing services.
- Honored with 33 awards, including two Gold Stevie Awards for “Company of the Year” and “Employer of the Year,” and 13 awards for customer service excellence.
- Announced that the Company was named one of the Top 20 Companies to Work for in Las Vegas based on Rimini Street’s employee diversity, competitive salaries and financial health.
- Presented at more than 50 CIO and IT and procurement leader events worldwide.
- Supported more than 120 charities around the world through the Rimini Street Foundation, providing financial contributions, volunteer hours and in-kind donations including personal protective equipment to healthcare workers, senior centers, food banks and youth organizations globally. The Foundation also extended its charitable work in 2020 to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mozambique, Sweden and the UAE.
2021 Revenue Guidance
The Company is providing first quarter 2021 revenue guidance to be in the range of $87.5 million to $88.5 million and full year 2021 revenue guidance to be in the range of $370 million to $380 million.
Webcast and Conference Call Information
Rimini Street will host a conference call and webcast to discuss the fourth quarter and full year 2020 results and select first quarter 2021 performance to-date commentary at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time / 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time on March 3, 2021. A live webcast of the event will be available on Rimini Street’s Investor Relations site at https://investors.riministreet.com. Dial-in participants can access the conference call by dialing (800) 708-4540 in the U.S. and Canada and enter the code 50079791. A replay of the webcast will be available for at least 90 days following the event.
Company’s Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This press release contains certain “non-GAAP financial measures.” Non-GAAP financial measures are not based on a comprehensive set of accounting rules or principles. This non-GAAP information supplements and is not intended to represent a measure of performance in accordance with disclosures required by U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP. Non-GAAP financial measures should be considered in addition to, and not as a substitute for or superior to, financial measures determined in accordance with GAAP. A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results is included in the financial tables included in this press release. Presented under the heading “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures and Certain Key Metrics” is a description and explanation of our non-GAAP financial measures.