Huawei Nova 2i now has Face Unlock through software update
The Huawei Nova 2i and its crisp full view display, dual front and dual rear cameras that offer a bokeh effect, fluid performance from its 4GB of RAM, and fast rear fingerprint sensor, now has, via a software update, Face Unlock.
Have you upgraded yet? Check out your Huawei Nova 2i's new feature! Pout, smile, or even smize. Whatever your facial reaction is, you can now unlock your Huawei Nova 2i with your face!😁😗😜 #HuaweiNova2i #OOOO #MakeItHappenMonday
Posted by Huawei Mobile on Sunday, February 4, 2018
Valentine Promo – Get the Nova 2i for only P13990 for a limited time only
Less is indeed more! Our Huawei Nova 2i is now priced at P13,990. 😮😮 Excited about the Face Unlock feature? Make sure to grab one now! #OOOO 😜
How to Update
To update, go to Settings > System Update. Then tap on the right corner button with three points – Download latest full package.
Better Face Unlock Features
Compared to the face unlock of other smartphones, the Huawei Nova 2i’s is more user-friendly. It offer two options: (1) Direct Unlock or (2) Slide to Unlock, which hides information or content from notifications when the user is detected as not being the face ID owner. In this way, your privacy is protected.
Facial Recognition Security
The Huawei Nova 2i face ID recognition has three dimensions of protection:
- Storage Security, where Consumers’ face information are stored in the Kirin chipset’s CPU TEE (Trusted Execution Environment) area, which achieves chip-level security;
- Algorithm Security: the algorithm collects more than 1000 points of face information, to make your phone only recognize your face, and
- the Nova 2i does not unlock when it detect that your eyes are closed, which ensures that someone can’t unlock your phone while you’re sleeping.
Where to Buy the Huawei Nova 2i
Launched last October 2017, the Nova 2i retails for P14,990. You can
- purchase it at Huawei Experiences Stores and partner retailers nationwide
- get it by adding Php500 on top of any Smart Postpaid plan, with the most affordable one starting at Plan 399 (3GB Monthly Data, 500MB for FB Messenger, Viber, and WhatsApp, Unlimited All-Net Texts, 20 mins All-Net Calls, and Discounted calls to Smart/TNT) with a Php899 cashout and an Php899 (399 +500) monthly fee for 30 months
- or buy it via Home Credit from February 1 to 28, 2018 at 0% interest for over 6 months.
Visit facebook.com/HuaweiMobilePH for more information on Nova 2i and other Huawei devices.