The Huawei Ascend P7, the sequel to one of last year’s best selfie phones, the P6, will be launched on July 1. We’ve thoroughly reviewed the predecessor, so we’re looking forward to a hands-on (and eventual review) with the P7.
The Huawei Ascend P7 is 4G LTE-ready, has a 5″ full HD display (1920×1080 with 445 ppi), comes with 13MP and 8MP rear and front cameras (respectively), and claims the title of being the thinnest 4G LTE phone on the market at 6.5mm thin.
- Huawei Ascend P7 Full Specs - Click to View
Notable features of the Huawei Ascend P7
- Improved low light shooting, with Sony’s 4th generation BSI sensor, Image Signal Processor (ISP), IMAGESmart 2.0 software and f/2.0 aperture on its 13 MP 5P non-spherical lens rear-facing camera.
- Without unlocking the screen, you can double-click on the volume down button to launch the camera in 1.2 seconds. No more missed moments.
- A selfie machine, with an 8MP 5P non-spherical lens front-facing camera. Selfie cam comes with Panorama feature (to include more of your friends in the shot, even without a monopod), 10 level auto-facial enhancement in beauty mode (a feature we abused on the P6), and a selfie preview window (so you can make adjustments even before you take the shot). The selfie cam also lets you take a selfie video with the 1080p HD video playback.
- You can even watermark your images before uploading them to your website or to your social media platforms.
- Voice Photo feature lets you take photos accompanied by 10-second audio clips. It’s like a picture with a short voice over.
- Unique dual antenna design to improves signal reception.
- Smart network switching technology to stabilize the connection even during weak signal reception to minimize battery drainage.
- Power saving management lets users kill apps running in the background that needlessly consume power, to extend battery life.
The Huawei Ascend P7 will be launched on July 1. Stay tuned for our coverage and first impressions.
– – –
You may also wish to see: