Announcing New FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR (XF70-300mmF4-5.6), an interchangeable zoom lens for X Series digital cameras. The lens will be available at the March, 2021.
XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR is a compact and portable telephoto zoom that provides image-makers with a broad range of focal lengths between 70mm and 300mm (35mm equivalent of 107mm – 457mm) in a lightweight design, with a fast linear motor for autofocus, up to 5.5-stops of optical image stabilization, and weather-resistance.
Using the compatible FUJINON XF1.4x TC WR and FUJINON XF2.0x TC WR teleconverters, XF70-300mmF4-5.6’s maximum focal length can be extended to a maximum of 600mm (a 35mm equivalent of 914mm), which will make faraway subjects feel closer and more in frame.
(1) Broad range of focal lengths in a compact and lightweight design
- A great choice for sports and subjects that are distanced away from the camera, XF70-300mm4-5.6 gives image-makers a broad range of focal lengths between 70mm and 300mm (35mm equivalent of 107mm – 457mm) to choose from, packed into a single lens that is more similar in size and weight to a standard zoom lens than it is a telephoto one.
- Weighing just 580g (1.27lb) with a length of 132.5mm (5.21in), XF70-300F4-5.6 combines 17 elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical element and two ED elements, into a compact and lightweight body that only has a diameter of 75mm (2.95in).
- Paired with FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR, image-makers can maximize portability and maintain versatility with just two lenses, effectively covering the 35mm equivalent focal lengths between 24mm and 457mm at a fraction of the size and weight.
(2) Compatible with 1.4x and 2x teleconverters
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR is compatible with the FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR and FUJINON XF2X TC WR teleconvertors, making it possible to achieve a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of up to 914mm with only 2 stops of stop-loss when it is paired with XF2X TC WR. Alternatively, using XF1.4X TC WR with the lens will provide a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of 630mm with slightly less stop-loss.
- With either teleconverter attached phase detection AF continues to work, with no reduction in performance.
(3) Powerful 5.5-stop image stabilization
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 offers 5.5-stops of optical image stabilization (OIS) to help reduce the effects of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. Additionally, the lens’s OIS capabilities can also be combined with the in-body image stabilization (IBIS) systems found in FUJIFILM X-T4 and FUJIFILM X-S10 to add five-axis stabilization, which can help to reduce shake caused by linear shift.
(4) Fast and silent AF drive
- The use of the linear-motor drive system in XF70-300mF4-5.6 has enabled fast and near-silent autofocusing, which allows it to fully leverage and make use of the advanced AF system found in X Series cameras.
(5) Maximum magnification of 0.33x or equivalent of 0.5x in the 35mm film format for 1:2 closeups
With a minimum focus distance of 83cm (32.6in) and magnification of 0.33x, which is a 35mm equivalent of 0.5x, XF70-300mmF4-5.6 can be used to create dynamic close-up photography, making smaller objects, like flowers, fill the entire frame. Attached to the XF2X TC WR teleconverter, maximum magnification is extended to 0.66x, which is the 35mm equivalent of 1:1 magnification and a necessary requirement to achieve the results most desired from macro photography.
(6) Dust- and weather-resistant structure and low-temperature operability
- Weather-resistant seals have been applied at 10 locations along the lens barrel to protect it against dust and moisture, while also giving it the ability to operate at temperatures of down to -10°C (14°F).
Product name, release date and price
|Product name||Release date||Recommended retail price|
|FUJINON Lens XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR||March, 2021||PHP 44,990|