Designed to work with any hypervisor or industry-standard x86 server platform, the SimpliVity solution provides a single, shared resource pool across the entire IT stack, eliminating point products and inefficient, siloed IT architectures. SimpliVity hyperconvergence, powered by its OmniStack technologies, is delivered through its SimpliVity OmniCube appliance, OmniStack with Cisco UCS, and OmniStack with Lenovo System x.
SimpliVity is distinguished from other converged infrastructure solutions by three unique attributes:
- Accelerated Data Efficiency: Inline data deduplication, compression, and optimization on all data at inception across all phases of the data lifecycle. On average, SimpliVity customers achieve 40:1 data efficiency while simultaneously increasing application performance.
- Built-In Data Protection: Provides data efficient backup and replication, and eliminates separate backup software, appliances, DR tools, and replication functions. SimpliVity’s inherent data efficiencies reduce backup and restore times from hours to minutes.
- Global Unified Management: A VM-centric approach to management that eliminates manually intensive, error prone administrative tasks. System administrators are no longer required to manage LUNs and volumes; instead,they can manage all resources and workloads centrally, using familiar interfaces such as VMware vCenter, and VMware vRealize Automation.
How is SimpliVity’s solution able to deliver 3x Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) savings?
SimpliVity massively simplifies IT infrastructure by combining so many components. Forrester’s Total Economic Impact Report on SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure explains how it works by examining a few customers use cases, as well as identifies and quantifies key benefits of investing in hyperconvergence. These benefits, on average, save enterprises up to 3x TCO by:
- Avoiding the cost of server and storage hardware infrastructure.
- Reducing the cost of professional services to optimize storage environment.
- Reducing the labor to manage daily backups.
- Avoiding the cost of data center floor space.
- Avoiding the cost of performing system updates
SimpliVity was founded in 2009. The founders started with a mission to “simplify IT.” It took 43 months of development in stealth mode to create the most comprehensive hyperconverged solution. SimpliVity’s innovation is not additive or complementary to in-place data center technology; it is revolutionary and disruptive. As a result, SimpliVity is well positioned to address the hyperconverged infrastructure market segment, one of the fastest growing in the $107B IT infrastructure market.
SimpliVity’s sales momentum in Philippines
SimpliVity entered the market after announcing their partnership with leading distributor MSI-ECS in late August 2015. As of March 2016, SimpliVity has shipped more than 50 units in the short time span of six months. This rapid adoption signifies a surge in the customer confidence in SimpliVity’s hyperconverged solutions.
Currently, the region is growing rapidly. SimpliVity has staff located in six cities across Asia Pacific with more coming online each month. Beyond working with customers, this team is very focused on enabling new channel partners in most countries in Asia Pacific.
Reasons organizations in Philippines are adopting SimpliVity’s hyperconverged solutions
- Predictable performance
- Reduced TCO
- Accelerated data efficiency
- Flexibility to scale as companies grow
- Ultra-fast provisioning
Top challenges PH organizations face and how is SimpliVity’s Solutions are relevant
- The growing requirement to reduce the cost and challenges associated with storing data, protecting data, and moving data.
- The lack of data center facilities or floor space and power to support the digital journey for all business.
- Lack of agility or speed when using traditional IT to address a rapidly evolving business environment.
- The lack of skilled IT talent in the Philippine market to manage IT and innovate.
- Slow internet speeds and lack of internet bandwidth impeding connectivity to branch offices. IT managers need a solution for agile and cost effective disaster recovery.
Why SimpliVity partnered with MSI-ECS
- MSI-ECS is Philippines’s leading provider of innovative and reliable computing solutions supported by a competent and highly-professional workforce.
- The company has continuously redefined and broadened its portfolio of IT products and services to fully address the evolving needs of the local IT community. This focus is evident in the announcement of our partnership today to make true hyperconvergence available to Philippines.
- MSI-ECS is also committed to continue providing its valued partners with solutions that enhance business growth, profitability, and stability. The partnership will help SimpliVity establish its presence in the Philippines, and accelerate the growth of its solutions.
April Product Announcement
SimpliVity announced the availability of new, updated versions of OmniStack software, which introduces or improves many of its infrastructure features, availability of OmniView, a new customer support tool; and plans for Hyper-V support. SimpliVity also announced the availability of IDC’s SimpliVity Hyperconvergence Drives Operational Efficiency and Customers are Benefitting, a whitepaper that highlights massive operational efficiency benefits from a recent customer survey.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.