IT Resilience More Important Than Ever as the Demand for Data Expands Across All Platforms
Vision Solutions Inc., a leading provider of disaster recovery, high availability and migration software and services, announced today its Seventh Annual State of Resilience Report.
Entitled “The Future of IT: Migrations, Protection & Recovery Insights,” the now publicly available report highlights trends, opportunities and challenges for IT and business leaders alike.
“As companies forecast IT spending in 2015 and beyond, includingmaking decisions around talent acquisition, outsourcing or infrastructure changes, they must consider areas of vulnerability both known and yet unforeseenrelated to critical business data,” said Vision Solutions Chief Technology Officer Alan Arnold. “What we’ve uncovered with our research in the State of Resilience Report is that companies are insufficiently prepared to provide resilience for their IT systems, particularly in light of the prevalence of hybrid data centers and the acceleration of cloud adoption. The importance of ensuring availability, protection and synchronization of data across diverse platforms cannot be understated.”
- Nearly 75 percent of respondents have not calculated the hourly cost of downtime for their business.
- For those who experienced a storage failure, nearly 50 percent lost data in the process due to insufficient disaster recovery methods or practices.
- Nearly two thirds of those surveyed said they delayed an important data migration for fear of downtime or lack of resources
- Hosted private cloud is still the most prevalent cloud environment at 57 percent usage; hybrid cloud adoption lags at 32 percent with room to grow
- Despite the growing popularity of cloud, nearly two thirds state they do not havehigh availability or disaster recovery protection in place for their data once it is in the cloud.
The report combines findings from five industry-wide surveys of more than 3,000 IT professionals. Vision Solutions divided the surveys into the following categories: high availability/disaster recovery, migration, data sharing and cloud computing. In addition, a separate executive insights survey providesa better understanding of how IT leadership perceives the state of IT compared to other IT professionals closer to the front lines.
“In order to address the many challenges presented by exploding data growth, businesses must invest in better data protection,” said Vision Solutions Vice President of Sales Engineering Henry Martinez.
“Importantly, these solutions must be agile enough to minimize system disruptions, support emerging technologies and provide the flexibility to operate in any combination of physical, virtual and cloud platforms and storage environments. This is a critical foundation for IT resilience and business success in the future.”
For more information, view the complete 2015 State of Resilience Report.
To learn more about Vision Solutions’ migration, HA/DR and data sharing solutions, visit the company’s website.