You can now pay for content and make in-app purchases on the iOS App Store, iTunes, and Mac App Store using your Smart prepaid load or on top of your Smart monthly postpaid bill.
- This service allows subscribers to sign up for a Pay-With-Mobile number that can be used exclusively with their iTunes accounts. It cannot be used as a mode of payment for other online purchases and websites.
- Using your Apple device, you pay for apps, games, books, magazines, music, movies, an in-game items. There’s no need for a credit card or debit card.
- All app downloads, in-app purchases, and digital content bought using Pay-With-Mobile will be deducted from users’ prepaid load, or charged on top of their monthly postpaid bills.
- A 15% premium will be charged on top of the published App Store and iTunes rates to account for VAT (value-added tax) and foreign exchange rate difference in dollars.
- Sign up process essentially consists of three steps. See below.
- Pay-With-Mobile starts rolling out on February 16, with full availability by February 18.
- This service soon be available to Sun Cellular subscribers.
Using Pay-With-Mobile, all you need is your mobile number to have endless amounts of play with Clash of Clans, have non-stop fun with all the ‘lives’ you can spend on Candy Crush, download Afterlight or purchase all the filters you want on VSCO Cam to make your photos stand out, among many others.
How to Sign up
To get started, users only need to register by texting REG to 4949. After texting, they will receive their Pay-With-Mobile number and other pertinent account details. Once ready, users can go to the Apple ID Account Settings page on iTunes or the App Store, select “MasterCard” as their payment option, and enter the number and other details on their corresponding fields.
Once the card number is associated with the account, users can already purchase all the apps, games, movies and music on their phones, as well as make in-app purchases within “freemium” apps. For every successful transaction, subscribers will receive an SMS notification to inform them of the purchase.
Left to right: Mon Isberto (Smart Public Affairs Head), Lloyd Manaloto (Head of Strategic Innovations and VAS Marketing), and Anthony Esporlas (Head of Games).
Visit http://smart.com.ph/pages/paywithmobile for more info.