4 cloves of garlic
1 large red onion
1 tbsp ginger
4 pcs. siling labuyo
1 tbsp. pepper
1 tbsp. salt
1 medium sized red bell pepper
1 medium sized carrot
2 stalks celery
1 can Delmonte Pineapple Chunks
1 can Ram’s Green Peas
1 can Nestle Cream
1 can Carnation Evaporated milk
1 kilo chicken thigh, scrubbed
- Drain the can of pineapple chunks and keep the syrup.
- Marinate the chicken thighs in the pineapple syrup for 30 minutes.
- Mash together (or grind in a food processor) with the salt and pepper: the garlic, onion, ginger and siling labuyo. I don’t like biting to any of those so I mash them.
- Cube the carrots.
- Rough chop the celery.
- Chop or cube the red bell pepper.
- Strain the green peas.
- Open your cans of evaporated milk and cream.
- Saute your mashed garlic, onion, ginger, siling labuyo mix in medium heat.
- Add the evaporated milk and cream. Bring to a boil.
- Add the marinated chicken (without the syrup), celery and red bell pepper. Keep boiling in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat enough that so you still see bubbles. Add the pineapple, carrots and green peas. Keep simmering for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Like, me you can cook it depending on how you want your dish to taste like. I like my Pininyahang Manok creamy and hot.