You can’t deny that Lumia phones fan out the liveliest phone cover colors. Just launched locally is the Nokia Lumia 630, a 4.5″ Dual SIM Quad Core Windows 8.1 smartphone selling at P7,990 and available this May. The price of the first ever Dual SIM Lumia is intriguing, as is the pitch black of the blacks on the ClearBlack display. No more cupping your hand over the phone when reading a message under direct sunlight.
What’s probably just as interesting was the elephant in the room – the Lumia 630’s back is clearly etched with the iconic all caps of “NOKIA”. Will the Nokia brand be retained? Anyway…
I’ve never held a Nokia this Microsoft.
Besides how fast and fluid the Lumia 630 UI is, you can switch between either SIM. With distinctly colored icons/tiles on the home screen for both SIMs, there’s no mistaking one for the other. I like that. You connect with boss/wife/gf1 on SIM1 and with boss/wife/gf2 on SIM2. What’s niftier is the ability to merge contacts from both SIMs, for people who only like to use one SIM.
- Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim - Click to View
Windows Phone 8.1, 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
512 MB RAM, 8GB eMMC with 128GB micro SD card support
4.5” FWVGA display, ClearBlack LCD, Gorilla Glass 3
3.5G, WLAN and Bluetooth 4 connectivity
5MP Camera w/ HD video recording
Comes in bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, white and black
Available by May 2014 for SRP Php7,990.00
Just to give you a display size comparison, from left to right: Nokia Lumia 630 (4.5″), LG G2 (5.2″), and Lenovo Vibe Z (5.5″, forthcoming review).
Here are the rest of the features:
- A quad-core Snapdragon processor delivers fast social experiences with Word Flow, Internet Explorer and social apps like WhatsApp, WeChat and Instagram.
- The smartphone showcases a new matte polycarbonate design with changeable shells available in bold new colors bright orange, bright green and bright yellow, in addition to matte black and white.
- Integrated features including one swipe notifications from Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, which work seamlessly to make the Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim a great tool for work and play.
- The new SensorCore also brings low power motion sensing to help people track their activity all day without using up the large 1830mAh battery – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
- Memory expandable by up to 128GB using an SD card, allowing people to save and switch locations of pictures, videos, music, maps and apps with ease.
Left to right: Karel Holub – General Manager, Philippines, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales; Natasha Dawn Bautista, Grab Taxi Philippines Asst. Gen. Manager; Gerard Fermin Penaflor, Air Asia Head of Commercial; and Paolo Baltao, President – G-Xchange Inc. of Globe Telecoms.
The Lumia 630 Dual Sim will be available in the Philippines from May 30, 2014 in a range of colors including bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, white and black.