The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is trying to shorten the time applicants spend in applying for an NBI clearance. Traditionally, an applicant is required to be physically present at an NBI clearance center during all steps of the application. This processes is associated with long lines, short tempers, lost man-hours, and commuting inconvenience.
The NBI’s answer is to shorten the 6 steps into 3:
- Online registration, appointment setting, and e-payment
- Photo capture and fingerprint biometrics
- Clearance printing
This new system was demonstrated to attending media at the NBI Online Clearance Registration Press Luncheon Conference held at the NBI Main Office on May 18, 2015.
The first step can be done in front on a computer on your mobile phone. The second and third at the NBI clearance office as listed on the appointment you set. According to NBI Director Virgilio Mendez, “It is the solution to eradicate queuing at the NBI clearance centers, shorten both waiting and processing time.”
Step One, visit clearance.nbi.gov.ph, fill out the application form, secure an appointment date, and pay the processing fee. Payment can be done via:
- Online Banking – customers with local Internet banking access from banks such as BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, Unionbank, UCPB, Chinabank, PNB, Maybank, Sterling Bank, and Eastwest Bank can pay real-time using their account.
- Over the Counter (Bank) – customers can go to any participating bank (BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, Chinabank, Eastwest Bank, Landbank, Maybank, PNB, Security Bank, Sterling Bank, UCPB, and Unionbank) and pay over the counter.
- Over the Counter (Non-Bank) – customers can go to any outlet of Bayad Center, LBC, and Robinson’s Department Stores.
- ATM and Debit Cards – for customers with ATM cards by BDO, BPI, Unionbank, Chinabank, Maybank, RCBC, PNB, and UCPB can pay via ATM.
- Mobile Payment – GCash.
Step Two, on appointment date, an applicant can proceed to any of 72 NBI Clearance Processing Centers nationwide for the Photo Capture and Fingerprint Biometrics and (Step Three) Clearance and Printing.
For applicants with no Internet access, Step One can be accomplished via computer workstations (see above) the NBI has set up at its Main clearance processing center in Manila. This is free of charge. Workstations at at Regional and District Offices will be attended to soon.
Left to right: Welerme Haplasca Jr. (NBI-ICTD), Atty. Antonio M. Pagatpat (Deputy Director for Administrative Service), Nick Suarez (Chief-Information Division, NBI), and Venus Raj (Ms. Universe 2010 4th Runner-up).
Ideally, if you have both Internet access and a way to pay online, you can accomplish step one without leaving your home or office.
Liked this post? Follow us on Facebook.