New AMD A10-7870K APU provides exceptional value and performance for today’s modern workloads and Microsoft Windows® 10
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced the latest addition to its line of desktop A-Series processors, the A10-7870K APU, a refresh to the existing line of processors codenamed “Kaveri”. The
A10-7870K delivers a best-in-class experience for eSports and online gaming with superior performance1, best-in-class efficiency in DirectX® 122, and unique features. The new processor also delivers exceptional performance in modern workloads and is designed for the future with Microsoft Windows® 10.
The latest iteration of the popular and powerful AMD A-Series APU family provides premium performance and multitasking powered by up to 12 compute cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU).* The responsiveness and processing power of the A10-7870K APU enables an immersive user experience on Windows® 10 PCs while offering an easy path for PC builders looking to upgrade to discrete-level graphics and faster processing at an afforadable price. The A10-787
0K APU is available at e-tail now at a suggested price (SEP) of US $137, and through participating system builders.
“AMD takes a major step forward today by unveiling the world’s most advanced eSports and online gaming processor technology in the A10-7870K APU, giving players the ability to game like a pro without spending like one,” said Matt Skynner, corporate VP and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “eSports is one of the fastest-growing pastimes in the world with hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide playing games like StarCraft II, League of Legends, DOTA 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. With the new A10-7870K APU, gamers can play the most popular online and eSports games right out of the box with features to make that experience even better.”
“AMD continues to blaze the trail at the forefront of PC technology,” said Ahmed Aziz, CEO and founder of CybertronPC. “With the new AMD A10-7870K processors in a custom gaming CybertronPC, our customers will experience unbelievable gaming performance and the leading edge gaming features of AMD FreeSync and Virtual Screen Resolution – a marked improvement over existing desktop PC capabilities, and unique to AMD.”
Best eSports and Online Gaming Experience
AMD A-SERIES headerAMD A-SERIES headerThe AMD A10-7870K represents the best single-processor solution for online and eSports gaming, delivering best-in-class gaming performance – up to 48 percent higher frame rates in the most popular online games vs. higher priced solutions made up of a CPU and GPU1 – and more than 3x greater efficiency in DirectX® 12 than competing solutions.2
- Gamers can enjoy 1080p gaming on some of the world’s most popular games with the settings cranked up, and benefit from unique features only available on AMD A-Series processors to improve the gaming experience. Unique features include Virtual Screen Resolution (VSR) for improved image quality when gaming at lower resolutions, and AMD FreeSync™ for effortlessly smooth gameplay on FreeSync-compatible displays, bringing the high-end gaming PC experience to the mainstream PC.3
- Be ready for the future with support for multi-threaded APIs including DirectX 12, Vulkan™ and Mantle that enable advanced gaming technologies to improve performance and visual fidelity, including asymmetric rendering pairing with an AMD Radeon™ R7 or R9 GPU to support DirectX 12 multi-adapter and multi-engine features.
- AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture is designed to push the boundaries of gaming, providing eSports gamers with higher resolutions and outstanding image quality for an improved visual experience.
- Experience-enhancing features such as AMD Quick Stream and AMD Eyefinity4 combine to deliver more realism and greater fields of view in supported games.
Revolutionary Architecture for Today’s Modern Workloads
The AMD A10-7870K APU features 12 compute cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU)*, up to 4.1 GHz CPU clock and 95W TDP for exceptional performance on today’s modern workloads, and up to 5 percent faster system performance versus a competitive processor.5
- Enjoy a premium Windows® 10 experience with the AMD A10-7870K APU. The new processor is designed to deliver a phenomenal Windows® 10 experience enabling the latest Windows® 10 features.
- Designed to push not only the boundaries of DirectX® 11 and DirectX® 12 gaming, the Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture is also specifically engineered for general computing and GPU-aware programming languages like C++ AMP and OpenCL™ 2.0.
- The A10-7870K supports Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features hUMA and hQ which allow the CPU and GPU to work together in supported applications by quickly dividing and directing the right tasks toward the appropriate cores for new levels of performance and efficiency in consumer and commercial PCs.
- The AMD A10-7870K APU is supported by the existing AMD socket FM2+ motherboard ecosystem making it simple to upgrade to the new processor.
- Supports latest PCI Express® 3.0 Graphics Cards to enable performance gaming at Ultra HD resolutions.
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com
# # #
*Learn more at amd.com/computecores
1. Testing by AMD Performance Labs using: AMD A10-7870K with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 2x4GB DDR3-2400, 256 SSD, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Driver 14.502. Core i3 4360 with Nvidia GT 740 Graphics 1GB DDR3, 2x4GB DDR3-1600, 256 SSD, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Driver 4156. Games tested: CounterStrike:GO @ 1080P Max settings (AMD platform scored 62fps vs 46fps), DOTA2 @ 1080P Max settings (AMD platform scored 49fps vs 37fps), League of Legends @1080p Max settings (AMD platform scored 89fps vs 60fps), StarCraft II run at max settings at 1080p (AMD platform scored 35fps vs 28fps). GV-8
2. Tested in AMD internal labs using AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 2×4096 MBytes of DDR3-1866 RAM, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview,220.127.116.11 and Intel® Core™ i5-4570R CPU @ 2.70GHz with Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200 graphics, 2×4096 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, 10.18.15.4204. A10-7870K performed 5,167,514 draw calls in DirectX® 12 while the Core i5 performed 1,610,377 draw calls in DirectX®12..
3. FreeSync is an AMD technology designed to eliminate stuttering and/or tearing in games and videos by locking a display’s refresh rate to the framerate of the graphics card. Requires Monitor, AMD Radeon™ graphics and/or AMD A-Series APU compliant with DisplayPort™ Adaptive-Sync 1.2 (or newer). AMD Catalyst™ driver 15.2 Beta (or newer) required. Adaptive refresh rates vary by display; check with your monitor manufacturer for specific capabilities. Only select AMD Radeon GPUs and A-Series APUs supported; see www.amd.com/freesync for full details
4. AMD Eyefinity technology supports up to four DisplayPort monitors with select AMD A-Series APUs. Supported display quantity, type and resolution vary by APU model and system design; confirm specifications with the system manufacturer before purchase. To enable more than two displays, or multiple displays from a single output, additional hardware such as DisplayPort-ready monitors or DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled hubs may be required. A maximum of two active adapters is recommended. See www.amd.com/eyefinityfaq for full details.
5. Based on PCMark Home testing using an AMD A10-7870K with 2×8 GB DDR3-2400, 256GB SSD, Windows 8.1, beta 15.10 drivers which scored 3457 in PCMark 8 Home v2. Intel i3 4370 with 2×8 DDR3-2133, 256GB SSD, Windows 8.1 Driver 4156 which scored 3304 in PCMark 8 Home v2. Core i3 4370 pricing of $151US as of May 7, 2015 at pricewatch.com vs $130US for A10-7870K estimated e-tail pricing as of May 28, 2015. GV-1
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FreeSync, LiquidVR, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies. DirectX and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. PCI Express is a trademark of PCI-SIG Corporation.
Liked this post? Follow us on Facebook.