If you can create a new Jose Cuervo shot serve, then you should join Dons of Tequila, the global search for the next hero of tequila who can continue the legacy of Jose Cuervo, a 250 year old brand.
The prize of a lifetime can be yours: fly to Tequila, Mexico to harvest your own crop of agave on the Jose Cuervo estate, blend it into a unique tequila and win the batch, labelled under your own name.
Jose Cuervo’s Dons epitomize the expert craft, passion, and bravery required to make the world’s most popular tequila. Their unwavering belief in quality keeps the brand’s 250 years of heritage fresh and relevant.
The Philippine leg of this worldwide hunt has begun. Aspiring Dons can join by uploading a photo of their signature tequila-based cocktail or shot serve at DonsOfTequila.com. Ten (10) bartenders will be selected to compete in the National Finals in July 2015. See details on How to Join below.
“Becoming a Don of Tequila is the ultimate accolade awarded only to those who truly deserve it,” shares Charles Wright, Senior Commercial Manager – Southeast Asia and India for Jose Cuervo International.
The local finalists will be guided by Jose Cuervo’s Dons of Tequila Mentors – veterans in their field and true Instigators – Prive Luxury Club’s cocktail bartender and Diageo Reserve World Class 2014 winner Jerry Miranda, T.G.I. Friday’s Genrev Bacasno, who recently bagged second runner-up honors at the 23rd Annual World Bartender Championship, and celebrated personality Divine Lee.
Jerry, Genrev, and Divine will lead a Bartenders Bootcamp, designed to prepare the ten for the National Finals, where their creativity, technical knowledge, and personality will be judged by the Instigators, together with the Jose Cuervo Brand Ambassadors. The winner will hold the title Don of Tequila in the Philippines, and will represent the country in the Jose Cuervo Dons of Tequila Global Finals for a chance to follow the footsteps of some of the world’s legends of tequila.
The Dons of Tequila Global Finals is a showdown of the best-of-the-best from each country, set against the Jose Cuervo distillery, La Rojeña, in the town of Tequila, in Mexico.
How to Join
1. Visit www.DonsofTequila.com and create a new Jose Cuervo shot serve – a new way to serve a shot of Jose Cuervo Gold, or an innovative shot-size mix using Jose Cuervo Silver.
2. Entrants must enter their details along with a name for their serve, an explanation of how they made the drink, and how it captures the spirit of the Dons.
3. Entrants must upload a photo with the online form.
4. Shortlisted entrants will be notified via email.
1. Ten (10) finalists will be selected from all Philippine entries.
2. The finalists will undergo the Bartenders Bootcamp with the Dons of Tequila Mentors.
3. The National Finals will be held on July 6, 2015.
4. The finalists will be judged against the following criteria:
b. Technical Know-How
d. Tasters Votes
5. One (1) finalist will be named winner. He or she will receive:
a. The title of Don of Tequila – Philippines
b. Jose Cuervo products and premium items
c. All-expense paid trip to Mexico to represent the Philippines in the Global Finals of Jose Cuervo Dons of Tequila.
For more information, visit www.DonsofTequila.com. The website features the stories of the current Dons of Tequila, as well as a selection of drinks fit for a Don, crafted and demonstrated by head barmen from La Rojeña.
About Jose Cuervo
Jose Cuervo is the world’s most popular and oldest tequila brand. It has been produced in the town of Tequila, Jalisco, in Mexico since 1795 and is exported worldwide. The full portfolio comprises of Jose Cuervo Reposado, Jose Cuervo Silver, Jose Cuervo Tradicional 100% Agave Reposado, Jose Cuervo Tradicional 100% Agave Silver, Jose Cuervo Platino, Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia and Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix.