If you find the new logos of PLDT and Smart disappointing, you’re not alone. If you think you can do better, join Freelancer.com’s #ANewerDay Logo Design Contest. The design that captures PLDT and SMART’s three business pillars in a visually-appealing manner wins the $150 top prize. Two runners-up will get $75 each. If you join and win, PLDT and Smart won’t use your logo, but you gain exposure. And you may even be sending a clear message – these two companies could have done better, could have hired better freelancers. They should have hired you.
Here are some complaints:
- “Overall, this feels like it’s trying too hard and more important, the Smart brand now feels awfully corporate and has lost the consumer brand vibe the previous one had.” – Brand New
- “I hate to say this, but I know I’m not alone in thinking so: these logos are godawfully fugly.” – Timothy James Dimacali, Science and Technology Editor.
- “Pero pangit lang talaga yung bagong logos ng Smart at PLDT. #ripPLDTlogo” – Kay Aranzanso, Graphic Designer.
- Yugatech also pointed the similarities between Smart’s new logo and a Cambodian telecommunications company.
In response, Freelancer.com’s #ANewerDay Logo Design Contest allows designers to create their own logo designs for PLDT and Smart. The entry logos should represent the companies’ three business pillars: exceptional people, meaningful innovations, and valuable customers. The lead image for this post (below) is one such entry.
Submit your designs here (sign up/ log in to join contest), and explain why they’re better than the telco’s new logos.
Here are the rules:
- The designs DO NOT NEED to follow SMART & PLDT’s colors and patterns palette. Submit your unique composition.
- Submit screen quality JPEG and PNG files.
- Make sure the logos highlight their three business pillars: Customers, People, and Technology.
- Include a short description (maximum of 100 words)
Winner gets $150. Two runners-up, $75 each. The winning logos will not be used by PLDT and Smart, buy you get to showcase your design skills. The contest ends on June 30. Check the current entries and submit your own here.
If you want some more exposure for your creative work, upload your design and the link to your contest entry on social media using the hashtags #ANewerDay #GetWorkDone, while tagging @Freelancer. Freelancer will try to retweet/repost all the best entries to their followers worldwide.
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.