GCash is an easy to use app that lets parents send baon to their kids, sellers to receive payment from customers, and OFWs to send remittance to PH loved ones, for FREE. These transactions happen in real time via the GCash app or Facebook Messenger (yes, you can create a GCash account via Messenger).
GCash users can even remit the amount (in their mobile wallet) at any Bancnet ATM (using their GCash Mastercard) or remit it over the counter at GCash Partner Outlets. This convenience means no more falling in line and paying remittance center fees and no more withdrawing from ATM with ATM fees.
What’s more the GCash app lets you buy or borrow load (in case you or someone is low on load), pay via QR (the easy and cashless way of ), pay for products and services online, and pay bills (among other features). The last feature – paying bills – means you can settle bills without having to fall in line (which eats up time) and leaving work or your kids.
Before, many of these transactions were dependent on having a bank account, a credit card, or needing to go through remittance centers.
To recap, GCash allows you to
- Send money for FREE from one GCash user to another GCash user
- Receive money for FREE from another GCash user
- Withdraw money for FREE via ATMs twice per month (withdrawable amount dependent on ATM’s maximum withdrawable amount per transaction)
- Withdraw money for FREE via over-the-counter, multiple transactions, but up to P20,000 per transaction only
For those who’d like to enjoy the free remittance service from GCash, here’s how you do it:
- Create an account via the GCash App (download it for iOS and Android) or through your Facebook Messenger (most likely you already use it)
- Top up your GCash mobile wallet at any of the 15,000 GCash Partner Outlets nationwide, or transfer funds from your bank account to your GCash Wallet
- Tap on the “Send Money” icon and follow the steps either in-App or through Facebook Messenger to transfer money at zero cost for both sender and receiver
There you go. Super convenience at your fingertips, with GCash.Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.