Additional 43 million tourists expected to enter the marketplace annually from 2010 to 2030
According to Cushman & Wakefield’s Hotel Views 2015 report[i], in the first eight months of 2014, the Asia Pacific region saw five percent more international tourists over the same period in 2013, with an excess of 1.1 billion visitors expected by the end of 2014. The South Asia sub region experienced impressive growth in par with North America at eight percent. In addition, according to UNWTO forecasts, between 2010 and 2030, an additional 43 million international tourists will enter the marketplace every year[ii].
With the impact of the regional hospitality industry growing annually in terms of GDP contribution, technology integration and employment generation, FHA2016 International Conference, Asia’s largest and most influential biennial learning and networking event for the food and hospitality industry, will address key new trends in the hotels and resort management, food services and food manufacturing industries.
“Despite the fact that the hospitality industry delivered strong results this year, 2016 will present some unique industry challenges due to uncertain economic conditions, increasing visitor numbers and global political disruption. FHA2016 International Conference provides a premier and timely platform for those involved to discuss and address these issues with experts from Asia and beyond,” says Ms. Jaime Ng, Director, Conferences, at organiser Singapore Exhibition Services.
Over the course of the three day conference from 12 – 14 April 2016 at Singapore Expo, conference delegates will have the opportunity to meet, network and exchange best practices with over 600 participants from top hotels, resorts, food manufacturing, food retailing and technology firms from across the Asia Pacific region and beyond. They will also hear from international experts on a broad range of trends affecting the food and hospitality industry in 2016. New key topics to be addressed at FHA2016 International Conference include:
Hotels & Resorts Management
- New hospitality and destination investment projects pipeline in APAC
- Choosing operating, owning and franchising models
- Smart technology integration for improving operational efficiency
- Achieving a “Total Hotel” Revenue Management Strategy
- Creating, launching and reviving restaurant concepts
- Regional expansion strategies for F&B brands
- Menu engineering and new trends
- ROI opportunities in innovative outsourcing of culinary preparations
- Sustainable kitchen space design
- Updates on regional Food Safety Legal Framework and its impact on businesses
- Understanding new contaminants and implementing food traceability measure to avoid food safety breaches
- Techniques in mass food traceability campaigns
- Removing vulnerable links in your food supply chain.
In addition, keynote addresses from leading international experts such as CBRE Hotels, Cushman & Wakefield, InterContinental Hotels Group, Jumeirah Hotels Group, METIER 3 Architects, Panorama Group, Pullman Hotels & Resorts, to name a few, will speak on a number of key issues affecting the industry including:
- The changing demographics and trends in hospitality development
- South East Asia hospitality investment climate
- The role of regional stakeholders in delivering a safe and sustainable F&B industry
The programme will also include a number of panel discussions on exciting food and hospitality topics such as:
- Identifying the next hospitality investment destinations
- Major innovations that will shape guest acquisition and retention strategies
- How are International and Asian hoteliers, and OTAs adapting to compete in a crowded market
- Future trends in F&B innovation and development
To complement the international conference programme, five new workshops and two site visits have been incorporated into the 2016 agenda, ensuring an unparalleled learning environment for delegates.
Mr. Ishak Chandra, CEO – Strategic Development and Services at Sinar Mas Land comments, “As we move into 2016, we expect the hospitality industry to experience significant growth, development and brand expansion across the Asia Pacific region. Despite some potential challenges such as geopolitical instability and fluctuating economic growth – the industry is thriving with exciting investment opportunities in many geographies across the region. FHA2016 International Conference and more specifically, the Hospitality Investors Think-Tank panel discussion on Wednesday 13 April will discuss these opportunities and is a must attend event for those looking to invest in the region.”
More than 500 trade attendees, from hotels and resorts, food services, food manufacturers and solution providers, attended the FHA2014 International Conference. These included delegates from the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore, Alfa Land Group, Durban ICC, Mandarin Orchard Singapore, Mintel, Omakase Burger, PT. Surya Mutiara Kencana Pratama, Southern Airports Services Company, Registrar Corp, The Henry Hotel and many others.
“Being in the hotel industry for several years has taught me that constant update and innovation is the only way to be sustainable in the market. This conference has given me the insights and trends that I am looking for. Good line-up of topics and speakers!” said Ms. Libby Federico, Director of Sales and Marketing of The Pearl Manila Hotel, FHA2014 International Conference delegate.
Conference at a glance:
|FHA2016 International Conference|
|Date:||12 – 14 April 2016 (Tuesday – Thursday)|
|Admission:||Registered delegates only|
Liked this post? Follow SwirlingOverCoffee on Facebook.