BlackBerry isn’t about to abandon what works and what they’re known for: the physical QWERTY keyboard and trackpad. The just-launched P20,990.00 BlackBerry Classic improves upon the BlackBerry Bold 9900 by having 60% more screen space, 50% longer battery life, three times faster browser, and more apps through two app stores – BlackBerry World and Amazon App Store.
Now, BlackBerry loyalists can have what many of them want – the same reassuring physical keyboard under their thumbs, and a bigger screen. The BlackBerry Classic was launched in partnership with MemoXpressin, whose 22 retail stores across the country will carry the Classic. The BlackBerry Classic will be available starting February 5, 2015.
The layout of the BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard come with ridges, elevations, and curved areas, so your thumb can tell when one key ends and another begins.
Left to right: Cameron Vernest (Managing Director for the Philippines and Singapore), pose with Edward Tan (Vice President Operations, MemoXpress).
Left to right: Vernest with UNO Magazine Managing Editor Karlo Samson who won a BlackBerry Classic at the launch. At a contest among media attendees held earlier, Karlo had out-typed other tech bloggers in sending messages on the BlackBerry Classic.
You may also wish to check out the BlackBerry Passport.
- Click here for an in depth list of BlackBerry features.
BlackBerry® Keyboard& Trackpad – The QWERTY keyboard has stood the test of time as the iconic BlackBerry feature that users know and trust. Crafted for optimal speed and accuracy, the BlackBerry Classic’s QWERTY keyboard gives users the control and confidence to communicate quickly and clearly using one hand with a trackpad and classic navigation keys.
BlackBerry® Browser –The BlackBerry 10 web browser is amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful. That’s why HTML5TEST.com rates it amongst the top mobile browsers for web fidelity.* Access your favorite online content as it was meant to be seen, faster than ever before and with unlimited browser tabs.
Screen & Battery – The BlackBerry Classic offers a form factor optimized for power communicators with a 3.5-inch touch screen display, 294 dpi HD resolution and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 for greater durability. The BlackBerry Classic also offers a large battery capacity and state-of-the-art battery optimization software. With up to 22 hours of battery power, you can be confident that BlackBerry Classic will be ready to deliver results when you need it.**
Premium Components – The device is built with durable materials mixed with top-of-the-line technology. This includes a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of device storage (expandable by up to 128GB via SD), and a 2MP front- and 8MP rear-facing camera with enhanced optics and upgraded imaging sensors.
BlackBerry® 10 OS 10.3.1 – The BlackBerry Classic comes preloaded with the BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that each user’s most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. With this new operating system, users gain access to powerful features, including:
- BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM™ and text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry.
- BlackBerry® Assistant – The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
- Dual app storefronts for a wealth of professional and popular apps:
- BlackBerry World – BlackBerry World showcases essential productivity apps for business professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration.
- Amazon Appstore – Preloaded on BlackBerry Classic, users can access popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, Kindle for Android and Cut the Rope 2. Users can also scan Android apps for malware and privacy issues prior to installation using BlackBerry Guardian.
BlackBerry® Hub – The one place to manage all your conversations – email, texts, BBM, phone calls, social media and more. You can even glance at what’s next in your calendar. It’s always available with a single swipe to help you stay organized, in control and on top of all your conversations.