AMD recently introduced in the Philippine market its new 2014 Performance Mobile APUs designed for ultrathin and high-performance mobile PCs, bringing the features and capabilities of the popular and powerful AMD A-Series APU family (codenamed “Kaveri”) to power-efficient notebooks for both personal and professional use. The new mobile APUs mark the debut of Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features and Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture for mobile devices, establishing them as AMD’s most advanced mobile APUs to-date.
“This latest breakthrough from AMD is a total package of superior compute performance, striking graphics, and cost-effective power use with leading technologies in the industry, making the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs a potent force in today’s computing generation,” said Ryan Sim, General Manager for AMD Far East Ltd in the ASEAN region. “This introduction of the latest line of APUs to the Philippine market is part of our vision to improve and ultimately transform the computing experience of Filipino consumers.”
The announcement of the 2014 Performance Mobile APU family features AMD’s first FX-branded enthusiast-class APU for notebooks, and follows the recent introduction of AMD’s 2014 Low-Power and Mainstream APUs.
Introducing AMD PRO
Responding to the needs of an evolving commercial marketplace for longevity, performance and stability in enterprise systems, AMD has introduced a professional line of the Performance Mobile APUs. Designed especially with business in mind, AMD PRO A-Series components offer outstanding stability and longevity, and enable open, industry-standard DASH manageability.
Photo shows (L-R): Ryan Sim, General Manager for AMD Far East Ltd, ASEAN, Sally Yu, AMD Philippines MNC Business Development Manager, and Sonny Sy, AMD Philippines National Sales Manager – Components, during that launch of the 2014 AMD A-Series APU Family which is designed with the revolutionary Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) to deliver maximum compute capability, superior audio-visual quality and long battery life.
AMD 2014 Performance Mobile APU Features
- Up to 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) deliver amazing performance and responsiveness, bringing to life the full capability of the APU on various workloads and applications
- The breakthrough new Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) allows the CPU and GPU to work together in harmony by quickly dividing and directing the right tasks toward the appropriate cores for new levels of performance and efficiency in consumer and commercial desktop and notebook PCs, thus enabling a new era of compute capabilities with compute cores
- Award-winning Graphics Core Next Architecture with AMD Radeon™ R7 series graphics and compute capability
- Support for UltraHD (4K) resolutions and new video post-processing enhancements that make 1080p videos look amazing when upscaled on an UltraHD-enabled monitor or TV
Best Gaming and Entertainment Experience
- Support for AMD’s acclaimed Mantle API that simplifies game optimizations for programmers and developers to unlock unprecedented levels of gaming performance
- AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics provide a performance boost from 49 percent to 108 percent for the ultimate gaming experience
- Experience-enhancing features such as AMD Quick Stream, AMD Steady Video and AMD TrueAudio technologies combine to deliver lifelike audio and video
- A10-APU: Up to 50 percent better graphics performance and more than 1.2x the compute performance versus Intel® i5-4200U (“Haswell”)
- FX APU: Up to 58 percent better graphics performance and more than 1.13x the compute performance versus Intel® i7-4500U (“Haswell”)
- FX APU: Up to 40 percent more graphics performance-per-watt than our previous generation
- FX APU: Up to 30 percent more system compute-per-watt than our previous generation
Pricing and Availability
Acer and Lenovo notebooks powered by AMD’s 2014 A-Series APU lineup and incorporated with AMD Radeon™ R-Series discrete graphics for an exceptional cinematic or gaming experience are already available in the Philippine market.
The Acer E15, powered by AMD A8-7100 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics and features 8 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 4GPU), is available at a suggested retail price of P29,900.00.
The Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-75, which is equipped with AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics and features 10 Compute Cores (4CPU + 6GPU), is available at a suggested retail price of P33,995.00.
Other computer brands will also feature 2014 AMD A-Series APUs which will be available soon.
Learn more about the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs for notebook
Learn more about the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs for desktop
What is a Compute Core? Read our whitepaper
For developers: learn more about Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA)
Find out more about AMD’s revolutionary technologies: Mantle and AMD TrueAudio technology
Become a fan of AMD and AMDPhilippines on Facebook
Engage with us on Twitter @AMD and @AMDPhilippines