Manila – Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, clocked a record-breaking 2.5 million orders in 24 hours during the start of the Shopee Christmas Super Sale that was held last 11.11.
This year’s event was a huge hit, surpassing last year’s 11.11 performance with 4.5 times the volume of orders recorded, and about 7 million items sold. The event saw a total of more than 13 million live chats, which translates into an average of over 9,000 chats buzzing simultaneously every minute, as shoppers snapped up super-sized deals and discounts from over 120,000 brands and sellers across the region. 92% of the total transactions took place on mobile as shoppers fervently browsed deals on the go.
Across the region, shoppers were not the only happy ones on that day, as sellers also reaped great spikes in their sales, with one seller enjoying more than 6,500 times increase in order volume. Within the first 10 minutes of the sale, total traffic surged by 3 times, with the first successful order transacted at 12.00am.The momentum continued steadily through the day, with the highest number of items sold within a minute hitting an all-time high of over 12,000 at its peak.
Interesting stats from Shopee Philippines:
- Top 3 categories were Health and Beauty, Mobile and Gadgets and Home and Living
- The brands most favoured by Health and Beauty fans were Indoplas and Human Nature
- Romoss and Nextbook were the top 3 Mobile & Gadgets brands, while Imarflex and
Lysol emerged as the top brands for Home and Living
- Almost 9,000 pieces of Ekel Facial Masks were sold on this day
- Over 3,000 pieces of Ring Stands were wiped out during the sale
- Cheapest item bought was a Carbon Fiber Phone Case at ₱0.50, while the most expensive item bought was a iPhone 8 Plus 64gb at ₱46,990.
For more information, visit http://shopee.com.sg. Download the Shopee app for free via the App Store or Google Play.